Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Pressure Issue?
RE: Pressure Issue?
I feel that the EPR has definitely helped. I feel a little more relaxed, and my face (because of the lower pressure, feels better). My goal is to make sure I am getting the best settings applicable to me. My initial issue was that the machine was always at 20 which didn't seem right. With the lower pressure last night I noticed a definite difference in my alertness and energy.

I will look through the settings in OSCAR to change AHI to RDI

(Edit) Updated to RDI
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, that sounds like there is no need to pursue a different device,
Post Reply Post Reply
So would a pressure of 12 be a good start since that is where it ramps up to and there pressure difference lost from using EPR?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers would satisfy almost any doctor. Your numbers do not indicate a need for another machine. But your Flow Limitations are running high and you have RERAs but you lack the symptoms for UARS, (which is one reason while I was asking very pointedly). These reading are fairly typical of UARS but in this case you lack the symptoms to purse that.
What is driving your pressure up are your Flow Limits. I would rather decrease your Max Pressure and watch your events.
Let's try a Max of 14 then post the results after 1 night. 14 is just above your median pressure and considerably lower than you max pressure.

To pursue that as UARS you would need a BiLevel such as the ResMed VAuto that is capable of more than 3 cmw of pressure support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would you have any objections to raising the base pressure though? I feel very odd breathing at that low

Also looking up information on UARS, I don't seem to meet the criteria (at least based on this and similar charts http://lucohybridosa.com/wp-content/uplo...to-OSA.jpg)
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are some of the symptoms I was looking for, that you didn't state you had, before going to the trouble of resolving minor 'events'.  In the charts UARS can manifest itself as flow limitations and RERAs which are a series of flow limitations ending in arousal.

Increasing pressure for comfort,  no problem, I'm not comfortable until the pressure is at least 10, otherwise I feel like I'm trying to pull a vacuum in a milk bottle. 
Bump your pressure up until you feel comfortable, try 8.

The only reason your pressure runs as high as it does is because of flow limits.  I'm guessing they don't come out until you are sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry in the long delay. Had quite a bit going on but figured this would also serve as a good way to let my body "adjust/get used to" the settings. Here is my latest one I downloaded from the SD Card.

Edit: just realized I never lowered the max as you suggested. Should I do this still? Also why am I lowering the max if my body is "requiring" it? (Not an argumentative inquiry, just for education).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No need to lower the max if your comfortable
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 658 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 184 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.