Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Pressure sensor error code on Resmed
Pressure sensor error code on Resmed
Hello -

ResMed VPAP ST error 1019. Flow control sensor error.

I took the machine apart and cleared all the dust out of the
rubber tubing to the flow control sensor, but I can't get the
machine to reset and clear the error code.

There was lots of dust so I don't think the sensor died, but in case it did where can I get a new sensor: GE 1210-C02020 0196DJOA

Or better yet, does anyone on the forum offer repair services?

Thanks, Teresa
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure sensor error code on Resmed
Hi Teresa,

Hopefully someone can offer advice or insight for for your machine issues.

If you're looking for a repair service, we have two of them listed on the forum Supplier List (Suppliers 27 & 28)

Supplier List is up at the right top corner of every page, here is the direct link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Welcome
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi teresa6185,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You could check the supplier list here on the board. There are a couple of repair services listed there.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you on getting your machine working
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2013, 08:12 AM)teresa6185 Wrote: ResMed VPAP ST error 1019. Flow control sensor error.

I took the machine apart and cleared all the dust out of the
rubber tubing to the flow control sensor, but I can't get the
machine to reset and clear the error code.

How long have you had this?
I hope you realize that because you opened it up, you have effectively voided any warranty you may have had. Oh you can keep your mouth shut and hope that they won't notice, but you never know. ResMed can fix it, of course, but expect it to cost you.
If, however, it wasn't under warranty (how long is it?) then I guess you had nothing to lose.

Here we are: TWO YEARS.

ResMed warrants that your ResMed product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for two years from the date of purchase by the initial consumer. This warranty is not transferable.

And it repeats itself in a zillion other languages.
So... if you had it less than two years it might have been best to take it to them first. Otherwise I guess you had nothing to lose. I have no other stupid ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most errors on the new CPAP/APAP/VPAP units are due to something simple. They have come along way from the Sullivan V series, since I’ve been a Respiratory Therapist/sleep lab rat. They are controlled by CPUs that shut down anything that could be a medical-legal issue. From the manometer, to the flow sensor, to being sensitive to water in the system (very bad! Always empty your water for travel, or remove humidifier chamber even if moving it around the room).

Talk to your supplier. You can’t just call Resmed and expect them to fix it. Providers pay big $ to get staff certified to fix their products. Your supplier will either fix it, or send it to Resmed. They give the supplier a RMA (return materials authorization), to get it fixed, and bill the provider, who then bills you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 324 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,157 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,640 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  FYI: A11 has an acoustic diagnostic sensor Gideon 5 2,850 10-15-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.