Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Pressure tics and awakenings, plus the 90% question
RE: Pressure tics and awakenings, plus the 90% question
I completely agree. You have extensive flow limitations and snores that show the machine should be set higher. These precursors to OA culminate in apneas and hypopneas and you clearly need more pressure. Your slow approach to getting there is commendable. You still have a lot of events to clean up, and I would make a full 1.0 increment up rather than 0.5 cm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a member of the "barely under 5" club, i would kill for your results. I think they are awesome. The fact that you are really feeling rested, coupled with having less apneas than someone who does not have sleep apnea, speaks volumes. I would ride this for weeks before bopping the setting much at all.

JMHO

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks quiescence! But I think I am just very sensitive to these issues, as although I am sleeping more soundly, I am still waking up with a headache (I think I might have forgotten to mention that?).

But good news everyone! I upped the pressure range just .5cm (to 8.0-9.0), and take a look at the results! 0.28 AHI!!! And no headache this morning! Yay!!! Dancing

(Oh I did have to get up in the middle of the night, but it was not because of sleep issues, am babysitting this weekend .)

[attachment=1612]
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ailu,
Next time you post a chart, could you include the left side bar too? Just get rid of the calendar and pie chart. It's more helpful when looking at event graphs and left sidebar together.
Don't need to include the right sidebar, that is useless.
You seem to be doing well, glad your headache is gone! Wink

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 09:41 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi Ailu,
Next time you post a chart, could you include the left side bar too? Just get rid of the calendar and pie chart. It's more helpful when looking at event graphs and left sidebar together.
Don't need to include the right sidebar, that is useless.
You seem to be doing well, glad your headache is gone! Wink
Sure! I am happy to include the sidebar in the future! I was just trying to make the pics a bit bigger to be able to see the incident chart better. Thanks so much for your interest, much appreciated. I updated my post and changed the attachment to include the left sidebar. Smile
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice numbers! Hope you can keep them for 7 days - then you can declare victory Smile

I'm right at 2.0 AHI on average, so your last night has me well beaten. Wink

Here's to Continued success!

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 06:59 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Nice numbers! Hope you can keep them for 7 days - then you can declare victory Smile

I'm right at 2.0 AHI on average, so your last night has me well beaten. Wink

Here's to Continued success!

Dave
Aw thanks Dave. Yep, I'm keeping the numbers right where they are! I'm amazed that I did better at a lower pressure by just by narrowing the range in tighter. Earlier I was using 7.0 - 10.5 and still getting a lot of issues. But if the rest of the nights are anything like last night, I'll definitely be declaring a victory!
I-love-CPAP
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
As you know from reading this board - Whatever Works! Glad that you have found what appears to be a sweet spot.

I was due for a mask cushion change last night but was out of Wisp cushions in XL. Dang compliance period makes them hard to get! So I slapped in a Large which was what the DME fitted me in in the first place, but which gave me a terrible windburn on my nose last time I tried it. And guess what - BINGO - AHI of 0.4. Go figure! I'll be trying it again tonight to see if I can tolerate it. I have my doubts as itchy and dry as my nose has been all day. But fortunately I procured another XL if I need to swap Wink

I think this whole thing is about compromise between comfort and AHI and finding the right happy medium. And 0.0 AHI isn't always the answer.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I have an interesting update...

I was wondering if I should get an oximeter because I still seemed to have headaches most mornings. But before I plunked down the money, I wanted to make sure. So I asked my doc for an overnight oximeter study, and he obliged. (My doc is awesome, he always gives me anything I ask for.)

Yikes! My original titration pressure was issued at 7cm, but the oximeter study showed that even with my machine set to APAP 7.5 - 8.5cm, my sp02 was low enough to qualify for supplemental oxygen!. Shock Oh-jeez

While waiting for my oximetry report, I have since incremented my pressure up to 8.5-9.5cm which has really cleaned up my graphs, and I have not woken up with a headache after reaching this setting.

I've attached the study and that night's SH report for your review. But it looks like I may need an oximeter, just to be sure there isn't something else going on. What do you guys think?

[attachment=1626] [attachment=1627]
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 08:43 AM)Ailu Wrote: While waiting for my oximetry report, I have since incremented my pressure up to 8.5-9.5cm which has really cleaned up my graphs, and I have not woken up with a headache after reaching this setting.

You could have saved a lot of time. This is the pressure I suggested on page 1 of this thread before Ted got us all sidetracked on "optimum pressure" from the sacred titration study.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure Support Question MrIvanDrago 16 1,281 01-02-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,639 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Early awakenings - CPAP Help Sonatine600 0 348 11-22-2023, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Sonatine600
  Many Awakenings with Heart Rate Spikes jr991 3 496 11-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: jr991
  [Pressure] Advice needed with question about inhalation pressure Dawna 13 877 10-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 600 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.