Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Pressure too high can't exhale at all
Pressure too high can't exhale at all
I have a Respironics System one with the H20 tank that I have been using for over 2 years.  Last night when I turned it on it literately blew the hose off of my mask.  I put it back together and put it on (this time holding the hose) and the pressure was so strong that I couldn't exhale and air was rushing out from around the edges of the mask.   I tried unplugging the unit and
it didn't help.  I checked all of my settings and they appear to be correct.  Any ideas??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure too high can't exhale at all
What does OSCAR report about this event? Could be that the unit is broken (e.g. pressure/flow sensors) and the fan is running at full speed...
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be time to replace the hose, because it should stay connected regardless of the pressures your PAP runs on. It looks like yours is set to 11 so there's wear of some sort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #28 has a number of instances of blower running full speed in the comments associated with a blog post. Seems to be a common problem associated with a dropped unit, but could occur if sensors fail under normal use as well. Are you able to get it serviced/replaced under warranty/insurance?
Post Reply Post Reply
System One machines are quite old now. I have not heard of pressure going out of control, but show the data. Speaking of which, you might want to update that too with OSCAR. Same idea, but about 5 years updated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding.  I am knew to this forum and even tho I have been a CPAP user for 20+ years, I know more about nuclear physics than I do about
the workings of this machine.  (Which means NOTHING AT ALL)  I am kinda of like a a blond with a Lotus GT.  I just turn it on and it goes.  Can you break this
down for the terminally ignorant?
Mike / Raven G (my dog)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 131 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 714 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 110 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 122 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,439 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 218 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.