Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] RESMED S9 advice
Cool 
RESMED S9 advice
I have just had my RESMED S6 Escape replaced with the S9 Escape and I amSmile having difficulty adjusting to it. It is very quiet and seems to provide less pressure. I have checked my settings which show a pressure of 9, should I increase this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED S9 advice
Gday Scuderia, welcome to Apnea Board.

Unfortunately the Escape models give limited or no useful data so it's very difficult to provide advice on your pressure requirement. That's why we call them bricks. If your machine gives you an AHI value (I don't know if it does or not) then you might be able to get a trend over time to guide a guesstimate for pressure changes. If it doesn't, then it's just a matter of seeing how you feel. It's like being diabetic without knowing your blood sugar, or treating blood pressure without being able to measure it.

The better solution (if you're in a position to do so) is to get a proper machine which gives you adequate data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Scuderia1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can get a machine that is fully data-capable, the Resmed S9 Escape doesn't give you anything much to work with.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It is possible your old machine was not putting out the pressure it said it was so now the newer machine is and you need to adjust.

Have you turned on the EPR? That can help with the breathing out against it.

And you say you have trouble adjusting. What exactly is the problem?

How long have you had the machine? If you have not had it long, return it and demand a better machine. Request the S9 Autoset or Elite. They'll probably give you some BS about your insurance won't approve but that's not true.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for your suggestions. I am fortunate in the UK that I get a free machine on the NHS every 5 years and am therefore stuck with what I am issued. I am guessing that they will only purchase a basic system to meet requirements. It does have an SD card in the back but not sure what data if any it is storing. Is there software I can download to try. I am using a MacBook Pro so would need to be compatible.

The EPR is turned on but I think my old machine did not have this feature and I think this is why I am finding it odd and need to give it time. I have now increased the pressure which was set by my hospital from 9 to 9.6 as it was suggested in the forum not to increase more than 0.5 intervals at a time.
This did feel better last night so need to persevere.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a Sleepyhead for MAC available. The Escape is only going to give you compliance data (hours used.) The kind of info the MOT would need for ones driving license.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 257 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 787 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.