Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Ramp Inquiry
RE: Ramp Inquiry
(02-08-2020, 07:42 PM)Rcgop Wrote: I use ramp for an entirely different reason. I set my ramp starting pressure to the same as my minimum pressure and a 5 minute time. This way there are no events or pressure changes for the first 5 minutes. It gives me time to get my mask , pillows, and body situated before therapy starts for real.

I struggle every night for first 5-10 minutes with an itchy nose. As soon as I inhale the air rushing across the outside of my nose causes a tickle so I unhook one magnet strap and reach in one side or the other of my FF mask to scratch my nose. If using ramp set at my minimum pressure (9) will prevent pressure changes, and events for a set time period, that's a great idea! Setting ramp at the minimum therapy pressure is the same as not using ramp, but with added benefits. This useful tip should be listed somewhere.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I used ramp one night, and hated it. I turned it of and haven't looked back. Though the tip about the pressure setting sounds awesome, because I too tend to get itchy nose after first putting on the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
It occurred to me after posting I ought to have done so, as Geer1 said, in the software Support Forum. Might there be a way to move this thread to that Forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
After reading through your thread, you are primarily talking about your CPAP machine and not software. I think it is good where it is.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@dapster - I've made a note to myself to verify the ramp settings on my Airsense 10 Autoset. I'll get to it after I sort out some other problems with the ResMed data importer.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 106 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 458 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 655 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,420 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea
  Ramp Time JeffL 4 640 03-28-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Machine noise during ramp-up. rfkennard 0 436 01-05-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: rfkennard
  Reverse ramp feature? McPhearson99 9 1,038 01-01-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.