Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I could use a little help, please!
RE: I could use a little help, please!
I don't see that as a significant change from before. It is a similar distribution of OA and H events. Your positional therapy produced results before. There has not been a tight corroborator to pressure and events with you, so it can't hurt. Any chance you can print out this chart with the rest of the bottom visible showing the result of therapy changes?

[Image: beHb8c2t.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2017, 04:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't see that as a significant change from before.  It is a similar distribution of OA and H events.  Your positional therapy produced results before.  There has not been a tight corroborator to pressure and events with you, so it can't hurt.  Any chance you can print out this chart with the rest of the bottom visible showing the result of therapy changes?

[Image: beHb8c2t.png]

Here it is: 

[Image: P53G3BJt.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't see any possible pattern to what is going on, so I put AHI, minimum pressure and maximum pressure into a spreadsheet and ordered the data by AHI.  Guess what?  AHI is mildly corrolated to minimum pressure, with the best results at lower pressure.  This is simplistic and the data are not ordered for number of tests at a given pressure, but I think we can conclude that increasing pressure has nothing to do with improving your results.

[Image: xGnR3Nsh.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2017, 07:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I didn't see any possible pattern to what is going on, so I put AHI, minimum pressure and maximum pressure into a spreadsheet and ordered the data by AHI.  Guess what?  AHI is mildly corrolated to minimum pressure, with the best results at lower pressure.  This is simplistic and the data are not ordered for number of tests at a given pressure, but I think we can conclude that increasing pressure has nothing to do with improving your results.

I had good results with my old Optilife nasal pillow, and the Nuance pro, but couldn't control lip leaks. The Simplus seemed to want more pressure at first, but now AHI seems to go up with more pressure, the best was .63 @ 14.5/18.0 cm/h20, on the 13th.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to prove numbers can lie, on a different scale, it doesn't look as convincing. In any event, increasing pressure isn't helping, or actually hurting much...do what is comfortable and it will all event out. At this point, you're going to have AHI from 1-4 and you won't predict it based on the pressure setting.

[Image: NHaeDyTh.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I think I'll just hang out at this pressure for a while, and maybe try a lower flex setting, and some positional changes, until I can get another study done. If anything exciting happens, I'll post it here. Thanks again for your efforts, Sleeprider!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.