Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user here.. thumping in ear and some cpap questions.
RE: new user here.. thumping in ear and some cpap questions.
Yes, but did you see this part of the study?

Quote: All participants will be included in this arm, and CPAP will be administered using a full face mask at incrementally increasing pressures. This will occur during a single session lasting no more than one hour.

Not sure it's going to be very useful given that many people don't start complaining about the ear issues for a while after they start cpap.

I wash my hose every 2-3 weeks.  Less in winter when the windows are closed, more during summer.  I'm one of those folks who get the pink slime despite using distilled water - hey, I leave my windows open at night and bacteria love me for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new user here.. thumping in ear and some cpap questions.
(02-27-2017, 02:39 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Yes, but did you see this part of the study?

Quote: All participants will be included in this arm, and CPAP will be administered using a full face mask at incrementally increasing pressures. This will occur during a single session lasting no more than one hour.

Not sure it's going to be very useful given that many people don't start complaining about the ear issues for a while after they start cpap.

I did see that - although my understanding of the study was not the long term effects but rather how effected the inner ear was as pressure was slowly added.  An hour would surely be sufficient for that:  either the inner ear is effected or it's not.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 78 4 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,373 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 1,936 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,549 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.