Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flashing on off button on Remstar M
Flashing on off button on Remstar M
I know this is going to sound unusual but I am a nurse practitioner that goes to Rwanda Africa and help with preterm babies. I was given a donated Remstar M CPAP machine that was working wonderfully for the preterm infants. Prior to this donated machine we used bottles saline needles and an oxygen concentrator to simulate CPAP. Anyway the machine stopped working and the on and off button is flashing there are no error reports. Is there any thing I can do to get it to work again?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flashing on off button on Remstar M
Hi suep and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer to your question but hang in there and someone will be able to help you soon. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The main fix for odd problems is to unplug it, wait a minute or so, then plug back in.

Is there any kind of error code or beeping?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='PaulaO2' pid='24615' dateline='1354996215']
The main fix for odd problems is to unplug it, wait a minute or so, then plug back in.

Is there any kind of error code or beeping?

No it seems like it is going to work then the on and off button starts flashing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello
Did you get any manuals with the machine? They may have information that would help solve the problem.
GeneS

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it only said something about the humidifier. If I knew for sure I could buy a new humidifier and take it back with me. I think the workers at the hospital could replace it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
Try unplugging the humidifier to the cpap machine and plug it back in. Sounds like the humidifier is not connecting with the machine. If that doesn't work, you would have to get another humidifier.

Hope this helps. I'm a registered polysomnagrapher and new to this site.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2012, 12:11 PM)TooMuch Wrote: I'm a registered polysomnagrapher and new to this site.

Welcome - TooMuch!

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2012, 12:11 PM)TooMuch Wrote: Hello,
Try unplugging the humidifier to the cpap machine and plug it back in. Sounds like the humidifier is not connecting with the machine. If that doesn't work, you would have to get another humidifier.

I know the humidifier light flashes on and off when there are problems with the humidifier, but the OP said the on/off button was flashing, not the humidifier light. However, it's possible the on/off light flashes if the humidifier isn't right, too.

Suep, is it the button you push to turn it on, or the light on the rotary knob on the humidifier? Does your machine have the humidifier?

By the way, suep, did you lift up the little door and look at the display? I hate to mention the obvious, but a surprising number of people never realize there's a display.

Suep, try removing the blower unit from the humidifier. First, always remove the water tank before moving the machine. The blower unit sits ON the humidifier, there is no latch. Lift up on the front of the blower unit to disengage it from the humidifier. Plug the power supply into just the blower unit.

If you end up wanting to use it without the humidifier, you have to have a little connector piece that snaps on the back of the blower unit to connect it to the hose without the humidifier. It's about a $9 part available online.

Also, suep, do you have the clinican's manual? You can download it from the CPAP setup manuals link at the top of most pages on this board.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Suep ... Supplier #2 sell used machines low hours at discount prices
also they donate machines to American Sleep Apnea Association
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: "REPLY with Quote" button - Don't use it if you don't have to SuperSleeper 3 13,140 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  [CPAP] Air Sense 10 SD card LED flashing red BNelson 2 590 10-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: BNelson
  Airsense 11 flashing Climate Line Connected DaveHirschler 4 1,858 08-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 453 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.