Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Repair or Replace
Repair or Replace
I have a Remstar plus M Series with heated humidifier. The unit is roughly 4-5 years old. Is it not producing the results that it was in the beginning.
This has been going on for about a year or so. The air is not being pushed through like it used to. I have changed filters and hoses, I know there are no leaks.
I have no insurance, so getting another unit or another sleep study is out of the question ( divorce stopped the insurance).

Should I see if I can get it repaired , replaced or reprogrammed. I have read about clinician or physician settings.

Any feed back one way or the other. Thanks , Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Repair or Replace
Should I see if I can get it repaired , replaced or reprogrammed. I have read about clinician or physician settings.

Sounds like a sensor pressure tube inside the unit or a seal , might be a easy fix . just sent you a PM .
Post Reply Post Reply
Newer machines are enormously better in terms of the data they collect that allows your doctor and you to monitor and manage your therapy.

Read the links in my signature line to help avoid getting screwed by the DME (CPAP salesman).
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see you have no insurance to help with the expenses of having a machine. Have you checked the marketplace if you are in the US?

Since your machine is older and there have been a lot of advances since you got your machine or since your machine was manufactured, it may be less expensive to look at the supplier list and purchase a machine from one of them. They also have gently used machines.

You can call American Sleep Apnea Association • 1717 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Ste. 1025 • Washington, DC 20006 phone 888/293-3650 • fax 888/293-3650 to see if they know of resources to help you.

I am sure others will have suggestions for you
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi desrtgiant,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Supplier #2 here on this board has some great deals on either gently-used or open-box machines. The suppliers list is at the top of every page here.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.. No great answers, and I know how you feel - no insurance here either.

But doing without, is not a good answer either!

Since you didn't give a location, this may or may not work for you. Watching Craig's list, I have seen various CPAP machines selling for less than $100 bucks.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2014, 11:42 PM)desrtgiant Wrote: I have a Remstar plus M Series with heated humidifier. The unit is roughly 4-5 years old. Is it not producing the results that it was in the beginning.
This has been going on for about a year or so. The air is not being pushed through like it used to. I have changed filters and hoses, I know there are no leaks.
I have no insurance, so getting another unit or another sleep study is out of the question ( divorce stopped the insurance).

I don't have insurance or sleep study, but I bought a resmed 9s autoset for $675 off classified ad. It was brand new and came with a pillow mask. If you can't repair yours maybe this route might be better. I also bought a used remstar plus with 46 hours on it for $150 it also came with a nasal gel mask as a back up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 83 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,069 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 513 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,581 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.