Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] ResMed AirCurve 10 S
ResMed AirCurve 10 S
When I got my machine last month, I started out with a Respironics Amara View Mask.  First night everything worked perfectly.  Slept through the night as did my wife.  Next few nights things started well but at some point during the night started getting big, noisy leaks around mask.  Little sleep for either of us.  After several nights of this, stopped using unit until I could get a different mask.  Switched to a Respironics Comfortgel Blue Full face mask.  Got its head straps adjusted to point where unit's leak test function was happy.  Went to sleep.  Sometime later had repeated episodes of big, noisy leaks around mask.  Like letting air out of a balloon while stretching its neck.  Repeatedly tightened straps, problem returned some time after getting back to sleep.  Tried holding the mask tighter to my face during several of these episodes with limited success and ended up with a large bruise across the bridge of my nose for my efforts.  It seems to me that the unit is surging the pressure above the 20cm H2O mark by quite a bit when this happens.  Anyone else experienced events like this? I should mention that I'm using the unit in Bipap mode, 14cm H2O EPAP, 20cm H2O IPAP. 

After such a good night the first night I used the unit, it has been an absymal failure since then.  I don't seem to be able to trigger a noisy leak event by starting to inhale and then suddenly exhaling.  Unit works as it's supposed to when trying this with minimal, quiet leaks around mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 S
Keep trying and watch the mask fit videos on youtube. Do the fit laying down. I think the idea is to have the mask as loose as possible without leaking. I loosen mine till it starts leaking then nip it up a little bit. Depending where it is leaking, you either adjust the top or bottoms, or both. If it leaks during the night I reset it by pulling it off my face and letting go (you'll see when you try this). then I might tighten the strap a bit. there is also a link on mask fit in my signature

You don't have to use a philips mask, I found the resmed f20 silicon (they also have a memory foam) quite good, it's a single piece without the skirt. I run higher pressures on my machine and it's fine for my face.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BobR1946,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Bob, one of our members wrote a great reference on fitting your mask and how to get a better fit. The mask primer is the last link in my signature. Give it a read. It has helped a lot of people.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,244 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,364 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.