Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] ResMed hypopnea need help tuning settings
RE: ResMed hypopnea need help tuning settings
I attached two zooms:
1. around the two hypopneas
2. at the end of the hour - I was definitely awake the last several minutes of the chart, I'm just not sure when, exactly

Thanks for the push to measure SpO2, you're right it seems very important now that you mention it!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
To me that second zoom, what I'm seeing is more random wake type breathing, 0005 on. Others will clarify or offer other takes. Wake or SWJ breathing opened up the ragged randomness and the events in that time area.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That second one does look like the transition from asleep to awake. You can see the start of the trace what looks to be the end of the regular "sleep" breathing and then the more jagged "awake" pattern of breathing that the apnea occurs in. So I'd say SWJ for the second one.

The first one, it kind of looks a little bit like you have some of the waxing and waning effect associated with periodic breathing. Just a little bit and instead of ending on a central apnea at the lowest point, your body is either catching it, or at one point it ended in the second hypopnea... which would maybe suggest that was a central hypopnea, not an obstructive one. That said, it looks like perhaps the first hypopnea on that chart triggered that waxing and waning. There's a possibility that the first one happened because you were breathing a little deeper immediately before it for a few breaths, perhaps a minor arousal, which then could have triggered the waxing and waning pattern. As long as they're not happening super often, I'd keep an eye on them.

Definitely get that pulse-ox. The CMS50F is the cheapest, I think, but personally, I prefer the Viatom/Wellue. Just be sure to check around for discount codes for those, they tend to pop up quite often. I did a comparison of the CMS50F and the watch-style Viatoms (linked in my description) if you want to see the pros and cons for each.

That way we can see if the breathlessness is something more serious. And hopefully, you'll be able to keep the mask on a little longer, too. Honestly, I find nasal masks tend to leave me feeling a little breathless anyway, and the pillows did when I went for a smaller size. The larger size remedied that for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 184 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: timthebaker
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 578 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 235 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  HYPOPNEA verification dataq1 22 1,153 02-06-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 261 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 424 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 320 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.