Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings
Question 
Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings

Hi All!

I just learned about OSCAR and plugged in some data. I have a Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP (waiting on the replacement from the recall). My pressure range is currently set to 8.0 - 17.0. I just started using the machine again after giving up six years ago. With a new Dreamwear Silicone Nasal Pillow mask, I am tolerating it much, much better.

Since I am older and my body is different than when I had my sleep study done ages ago, I wondered if OSCAR could help to diagnose and/or focus in the correct pressure settings for my Auto CPAP. Could you all help?

Weight: 175, fit and active
Average AHI (30 days): 6.82
Sleeper Type: Side and back
Pillow: Mid-high volume, keeps airways straight

Current pressure settings (Auto): 8.0 - 17.0

Current symptoms: a bit sleepy, low energy, headaches often but a bit better since starting CPAP again

I appreciate any tips you may have for me on adjusting my machine settings to lower my AHI!

Thanks all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings
At 34 you are older? Wow, I can double that! My first advise is don't wait for the replacement. If you are able, buy the Resmed Airsense 10 card to cloud version for $399 from several vendors (Supplier #1, Supplier #30) Philips machines are inferior in therapy efficacy and comfort and all of your issues would mostly resolve with the Airsense 10 Autoset. You are entitled to a settlement from Philips that will pay for the replacement of that device. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...-ONE-USERS Stop using a crappy CPAP that is damaging to your health, and just buy the Resmed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings
Thanks! Why is that machine so cheap? Is it meaningfully different from machines 2x, 3x the price? Does it matter that it ins't compatible with the app?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset C2C version is identical in every way to other Autoset models, it just lacks an internal modem. Therefore it is not sold through most insurance claims. As a result of that it is inherently lower cost to provide because of the modem chip and because Resmed has put it out there for mostly uninsured or self-paying customers. It is 100% compatible with OSCAR, and equivalent to every other Autoset in function and efficacy. It wasn't much more than 3-years ago that $399 was the average to high cost of auto-CPAP. It was the Philips recall and supply chain issues that changed that. Don't second guess a great deal. Get it while you can.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Pressure Settings for UARS Mild Apnea, Airsense 10 risherwood 3 94 Yesterday, 06:12 AM
Last Post: risherwood
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,118 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 250 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 148 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 17 489 04-24-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 149 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 574 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.