Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Should I Adjust BIpap settings
Question 
Should I Adjust BIpap settings
Thanks to the advise I've received and the ability to adjust my pressure levels and PS level I am now at a range of 7 and lately BiPaP levels of 16/9.
I average 6.7 hours of sleep with AHI's below one.
Should I leave everything alone or try to increase exhale number. Biggest problem is getting a stuffy nose almost every night, even with using flonase.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I Adjust BIpap settings
Quote:Thanks to the advise I've received and the ability to adjust my pressure levels and PS level I am now at a range of 7 and lately BiPaP levels of 16/9.
I average 6.7 hours of sleep with AHI's below one.
Should I leave everything alone or try to increase exhale number.

HI Bigeli . Your doing Great getting your ahi down to 1. Well-done I would give yourself a week or two to let your body acclimate before you try any other changes. Also make only one change at a time and small changes as inhalation pressure vs exhalation pressure , keep track of them so you can see how low you can get your ahi to go. Just remember an AHI of 1 is excellent. , but if your like some of us we strive of the elusive ZERO. I get maybe 3 zero nights a month the rest are anywhere from .23. To .43 . Small changes, and give it time seems to work best for most. Keep at it and hope you get to the point that when you wake up you don't even realize there is pressure and it feels like your breathing normal. I call it being One with the machine Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
My 2C do not be afraid to experiment. If your machine has a SD card then certainly use SleepyHead make small adjustments and use the SleepHead log slider to help you dial in what feels best. After 9 mos I now get 0 AHI as often as not and feel great most of the time but I found a zero AHI isn't necessarily optimal and without SH I would have never known.. Stuffy nose sounds like too low Rh to me. YMMV
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with JWR on this. Leave the settings alone for a couple of weeks and see how things work out. You have the rest of your life to experiment with the settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 195 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 511 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,598 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 290 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.