Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Should I take the card out???
Should I take the card out???
Turns out my machine settings are 16/12. Had a sleep study it showed that at 20/16 it wasn't able to control my apneas, but I did feel somewhat better that night. Had another sleep study on an asv machine and I'm waiting for the results of that..... which the doctor told me that I'll probably be using a new asv machine.
In the meantime while I wait I'm going to change the pressure settings on this old machine slowly up to 20/16 and see what happens.
My question is this, should I leave the card in the machine when I do this..... I'm concerned with the card in that it will just reset the settings. It's the old respironics bipap st with the big type of card, machine is over 5 years old, got it used.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I take the card out???
(03-01-2015, 08:42 AM)sleeplurker Wrote: Turns out my machine settings are 16/12. Had a sleep study it showed that at 20/16 it wasn't able to control my apneas, but I did feel somewhat better that night. Had another sleep study on an asv machine and I'm waiting for the results of that..... which the doctor told me that I'll probably be using a new asv machine.
In the meantime while I wait I'm going to change the pressure settings on this old machine slowly up to 20/16 and see what happens.
My question is this, should I leave the card in the machine when I do this..... I'm concerned with the card in that it will just reset the settings. It's the old respironics bipap st with the big type of card, machine is over 5 years old, got it used.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Leave the card in , it will show your new settings, but It won't default to your old setting, it just simply stores data.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Leave the card in. If there are commands on there (no idea if PR machines do that), it is when you put it back in or the power is restored that it rewrites the settings.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
On newer PRS1 models, the DME/doctor can optionally set the SD card to lock the settings. They don't usually do it, and you can fix it by taking the card out.

I don't know if the old cards can do this.

It's probably not a problem. You might just try it. Make your changes, save them, then take the card in and out, and power the machine on and off, and see if they change back.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 943 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,980 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,356 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,278 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.