Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Sleepyhead graph display.
Question 
Sleepyhead graph display.
I downloaded the sd card, all is well except my ahi, and my understanding of the pressure graph. It shows as a straight line all the time. Is this normal or should it fluctuate? I am new to cpap and new to the forum. Who would have thought something that looked so simple could turn out to be such a pain?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead graph display.
(02-26-2016, 02:36 PM)billynosleep Wrote: I downloaded the sd card, all is well except my ahi, and my understanding of the pressure graph. It shows as a straight line all the time. Is this normal or should it fluctuate? I am new to cpap and new to the forum. Who would have thought something that looked so simple could turn out to be such a pain?

Welcome to the forum,
A ResMed 10 Elite (according to your profile) is a straight pressure Cpap, not an
Auto Cpap. So it is set to one straight pressure all night and will not fluctuate.

You state all is well except your AHI... So, what is your AHI number?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi billynosleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2016, 02:43 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 02:36 PM)billynosleep Wrote: I downloaded the sd card, all is well except my ahi, and my understanding of the pressure graph. It shows as a straight line all the time. Is this normal or should it fluctuate? I am new to cpap and new to the forum. Who would have thought something that looked so simple could turn out to be such a pain?

Welcome to the forum,
A ResMed 10 Elite (according to your profile) is a straight pressure Cpap, not an
Auto Cpap. So it is set to one straight pressure all night and will not fluctuate.

You state all is well except your AHI... So, what is your AHI number?

Thank you for the info.
I started cpap back in mid Jan. Referred to supplier by sleep clinic. Had to choose a mask to begin treatment. Picked the Wisp. After 25 nights of waking up every 2 hrs stuffed up and only a couple of days left to exchange the mask for another I picked a full mask. Since then the ahi has been downhill, or should I say uphill. With the Wisp I averaged in the 3 to 6 range, the simplus it has gone up to 10 to 24. I have been thinking I need to back to the doc. Ps ordered a P10 last Monday.
By the way thanks for the welcome. It is going to be a comfort finding what others have been through and learning things to make this trip easier. My experience at the sleep clinic gave me the impression turnover $, was the most important thing. No patient care.
(02-26-2016, 08:40 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi billynosleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.

Thank k you for the welcome. I have a feeling that you have not heard the last of my questions
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 253 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 286 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated new2paphopeful 2 699 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 479 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  HELP needed for OSCAR graph analysis for first time user newbieusa 15 1,040 08-29-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: newbieusa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.