Pressure=Stats
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ramp off

Sex: Male

Pressure=Stats
Sleepyhead show me Mask Pressure and Pressure: mask pressure typically runs lower-Why?

What is the difference between the two?
I get a third reading in the RES MEd software, Why is that?

Which one correlates best to the pressure setting on my machine?

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
03-12-2016 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10

Other Comments:

RE: Pressure=Stats
I'm not totally sure but my understanding is this: Pressure is recorded as the nominal output from the flow generator. It is a low resolution record, with a sampling rate lower than one per second. What is charted is therefore only an approximation of the actual pressure at any given time. The mask pressure is high resolution data, recorded near as dammit to real-time. It shows all the little ups and downs which occur, such as the pressure dropping for EPR and the little pressure pulses when the machine is trying to diagnose an apnea. ResScan refers to this trace as Pressure (High rate) which is the same as SleepyHead's mask pressure.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-12-2016 09:09 PM
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)

Other Comments: Ramp off

RE: Pressure=Stats
(03-12-2016 09:09 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  I'm not totally sure but my understanding is this: Pressure is recorded as the nominal output from the flow generator. It is a low resolution record, with a sampling rate lower than one per second. What is charted is therefore only an approximation of the actual pressure at any given time. The mask pressure is high resolution data, recorded near as dammit to real-time. It shows all the little ups and downs which occur, such as the pressure dropping for EPR and the little pressure pulses when the machine is trying to diagnose an apnea. ResScan refers to this trace as Pressure (High rate) which is the same as SleepyHead's mask pressure.

THANKS PAUL

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
03-12-2016 09:16 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead - Pressure vs Mask Pressure Graphs sonicboom 7 696 03-07-2016 03:04 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing