Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Sudden elevated AHI. HELP!!!!
RE: Sudden elevated AHI. HELP!!!!
Here are the screenshots you asked about.

My AHI have been stable lately. But i get mild fluctuations. Though its nowhere under 1 like many users have.

I don't know why yesterday night data is not there. I just updated the data from SD card. Will have to investigate it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

1) I guess you are using Cflex 1 or 2 right now ?

2) Out of all the "Changes to prescription settings" tab, do you recall what was the AFlex / CFlex / none for each one ?
As in, do you recall if your flex settings was either none or CFlex 1 in this situation:
- From the 23rd may to 27th may (5 nights)
- From the 9th June till 19th june (11 nights)
I just would like to check if there is a correlation between high AHI and no flex or CFlex 1 used

3) I would increase your minimum pressure to 9.0, and try AFlex 1

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
I was on C flex 1 during the times you mentioned. As i said, I have rarely used A Flex after sleep rider suggested C flex. 

That being said, yesterday i slept with a-flex 1 and min pressure 9 and max 17. I had AHI of 5 but it was the worst sleep I had in a very long time. I woke up multiple times.

Though I highly suspect it was due to the disturbing nature of dreams I saw. So i will sleep with the same settings tonight and again see the results.

No flex really makes exhalation difficult at high pressures and leads to multiple wakings. I can easily bear no flex upto a pressure of 10 but above that its very difficult.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2018, 04:45 AM)arc0509 Wrote: I was on C flex 1 during the times you mentioned. As i said, I have rarely used A Flex after sleep rider suggested C flex. 

That being said, yesterday i slept with a-flex 1 and min pressure 9 and max 17. I had AHI of 5 but it was the worst sleep I had in a very long time. I woke up multiple times.

Though I highly suspect it was due to the disturbing nature of dreams I saw. So i will sleep with the same settings tonight and again see the results.

No flex really makes exhalation difficult at high pressures and leads to multiple wakings. I can easily bear no flex upto a pressure of 10 but above that its very difficult.

Haha AWESOME! Vivid dreams, they look quite real, right?

Not nightmare, but weird, is it?

I guess that means this actually was a pretty good night. No joke! That happens to me for my first month under CPAP. Woke up 4 or 5 times per night, I guess during every REM sleep!

I could have written a book :-)

Continue with these settings, you are on a pretty good track!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have slept for 4.4 hours right now and have been struggling to sleep since the past 30 mins or so. I am feeling shortness of breath right now and AHI fpr last 4.4 hours is 7.7.

I dontd think this A flex is working for me at all. God..
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2018, 09:24 PM)arc0509 Wrote: I have slept for 4.4 hours right now and have been struggling to sleep since the past 30 mins or so. I am feeling shortness of breath right now and AHI fpr last 4.4 hours is 7.7.

I dontd think this A flex is working for me at all. God..

Post your screenshot please :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry. Personal life not up for sale. Good luck on your quest.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 331 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night Jskier 1 212 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Assistance with sudden issues incl. OSCAR RustyShackleford 3 365 01-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: RustyShackleford
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 287 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,214 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Sudden raised AHI Papageno 10 647 12-07-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Papageno
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 487 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.