Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Symptoms back
Symptoms back
Hi everyone, My first post on the forum. I have been on CPAP on a fixed pressure machine (Fisher and Paykel Sleepstyle 608) for ten years this year. Every year I would go for a titration test overnight and get a new prescription and pressure recommendation. Last year the govt changed policy and will only pay for tests if you have symptoms - great this penny pinching policy will cause problems for CPAP users for sure. Just lately my pressure of 12 didn't seem enough so I used my Devilbliss  Auto D54 machine set to 8 to 15. I also have a travel Transcend (fixed) at 12. I spoke with a sleep tech at our local chemist who advised me not to use the 608 machine. The Transcend indicated 37 AHI. The next night I used the Devilbliss Auto which varied the pressure of course up to 15 and my AHI was 11. I have increased the variance 8 to 19. No wonder I have felt tired just lately. The moral of my story is no matter how long you have been on CPAP you should monitor your progress on a regular basis - not set and forget! At least the machines I have are able to inform me as a patient how I am going (except for the 608 machine which is now obsolete). As I am travelling overseas this tear I purchased an Auto Transcend CPAP which was on special as I was in credit on my heath provider CPAP allowance. A wake up call for me (excuse the pun!). Hopefully I will be able to resolve the pressure issue prior to my trip with the help of the sleep tech.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Symptoms back
I generally work only with the minimum pressure and leave the top wide open at 20.
If I don't need 20, the machine won't go there (and indeed, it NORMALLY rides in the 14-16 range), I am most comfortable with my minimum in the 8.5 range, as it comes up quickly to a "don't feel like I'm wearing a mask" pressure before I fall asleep.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum, We can and will help you if you allow us.

Do you have a copy of your sleep study?  Could you post it here?  Any daily charts and info?  Any info on the types of apnea you have?  Obstructive, central, complex?

The best advice comes from data.  If nothing else post the SmartLink "number" from your Devilbliss  Auto D54 (that is my backup machine).
Consider the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or AutoSet for Her as your next machine, Awesome data that is easily read.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi grahamhunt51,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
So instead of getting patients an AutoPAP with data collection, they actually PAY for a yearly sleep study?? Wow. What a waste of fundage.

Get an APAP. Get one that is data capable meaning you can view the data on your computer.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone that replied to my post. The 'smart code' report generated by the machine is better than nothing! I have retired the Fisher and Paykel 608 as it is 9.5 years old. I have downloaded the free sleepyhead software but need the correct cable to download the data to my PC. My research indicates that there is a software and hardware package called 'Smartlink' for the Devilbiss D54 Auto Cpap for around $200 which would indicate precisely how my therapy is going. I am considering buying it. Yes the annual overnight titration test paid for by the govt was pretty invasive and now that is gone, it is up to the patients to manage CPAP therapy appropriately. As I am going overseas in July I purchased a Transcend Travel CPAP Auto and will test it out for a few nights before I leave. Hopefully with the smartcode or smartlink device I will be able to monitor and address the issues I am having at the moment. My mask is OK I am using the Resmed Quattro FX full face as I get sinus issues sometimes. No leaks indicated on the smartcode reports. I have attached the latest report from the other night. [attachment=5009]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 517 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 398 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 293 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 541 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.