Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense11 temperature regulation
RE: AirSense11 temperature regulation
Hi LostSleep, I hope you're still checking this thread. My friend got back to me again. He said he's continued to try my suggestions but with inconsistent results. Have you tried anything?  And Dog Slobber, if you're still involved, do you think I'm correct that it's the motor that's producing the heat?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I haven't had a chance to do any more temperature checks.

For me, with the humidifier off, the temperature at the heater plate was only 1 degree higher than room temperature. The one degree is negligible and explainable by heat generated by the blower and the motherboard.
Post Reply Post Reply
The temperature can't be lowered. Because the machine's output air is coming directly from the blower motor, there's no way to cool it off. I tried several different things, including the use of -6º F brine in several ways. I was unable to bring the the temperature down more than maybe one degree. One thing I didn't try was to have the tube loop through a bucket of ice water (or something similar) because I'm pretty sure that would cause significant condensation in the tube. Keep in mind that I have no expertise regarding this situation. This is just a layperson's opinion based on diy experimentation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just joined apneaboard.com today.  I just started using a CPAP (AirSense 11) about a month ago.   I just about drowned from the rainout.  I have the heated hose, but, fortunately,  I am not terribly sensitive to the warm air.   Since I haven’t communicated with anyone, I have been trying to deal with the rainout and warm temps myself.   

What working me, so far, is to put my unit on the floor and let the condensation fall back toward the machine.  

I am in Georgia, so we have to run the A//C much of the time.  Our A/C vents are near the floor.   I refrigerate my distilled water and fill the humidifier right before going to bed.  I also put the unit very close to the A/C vent to get the advantage of the coolest air in the room.   Not very scientific, but maybe Rube Goldberg would get a chuckle.  

If I am doing something that might not healthy, give your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Will, Thanks for weighing in. You said that what's working for you, "so far, is to put my unit on the floor and let the condensation fall back toward the machine. " That's something that never occured to me. I'll pass it along to my friend. He responded to my telling him that the air can't be cooled by saying he's not yet ready to give up trying. He said he's going to put cold packs around the tubing. If the condensation is too much, maybe he can try your approach. But condensation might not be as bad here where, at the moment the temp is 80º and the humidity is only 24%. Also, my friend has air conditioning.

As to whether you're doing something unhealthy, I have no idea. I do know that a lot of CPAP users seem to be very concerned about their machine's cleanness--I read about special cleaning solutions and devices, for example. Regarding rainout, that's also something foreign to me but an issue for many.

Welcome to the forum. I'm so grateful for it. I'm sure you'll find it incredibly helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
One option is to get an End Cap to replace the humidification chamber. That way the heater plate will not affect the air temperature. With an unheated tube the air temp should be close to ambient. I've slept well many times without heater or humidification.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 796 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  AirSense11 - How to increase humidity BlueSky1958 8 672 10-22-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Missing some OSCAR data?/RM AirSense11 TomWii 2 645 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: TomWii
  ResMed Airsense11 auotset - no SDcard included? wooders 10 2,000 06-19-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Airsense11 - No modem? wils98 11 2,057 02-10-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 755 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  Align AirSense11 and Wellue ring times PSlebow 2 1,153 05-22-2022, 08:07 AM
Last Post: PSlebow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.