Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ti Max Setting/Cycle and Bloating?
Ti Max Setting/Cycle and Bloating?
My wife was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea (AHI = 33.7), although we had aways suspected.  After her sleep study, we purchased a Resmed Curve10 Vauto.  She has adjusted to this device pretty quickly over the past couple of weeks and has achieved reducing her AHI to < 5 consistently.

However, her biggest complaint was waking up with a lot of bloating.  My wife felt that the device was continuing to push air when she was trying to exhale. So, after reading some of the clinical settings on the device, the Ti Max and cycle settings caught my eye. 

The device was originally set with a Ti Max of 2.0.  Based upon the chart in the clinical manual, and her respiratory rate of around 13, this seems to be the recommended setting.  But I noticed that her average inspiratory time was around 1.4, so we wondered if maybe a Max of 2.0 was causing the device to continue with IPAP longer than needed (although I realize this is supposed to be the max time).

We adjusted the Ti Max to 1.7 along with setting the cycle to ‘very high’ hoping that would allow the device to sense her exhalation better. Since we changed these settings, she has had much less bloat and is sleeping much more comfortably.

Does this make sense, or a coincidence?  I am thinking maybe it has more to do with changing the Cycle setting to very high (so the device can sense her exhalation) rather than reducing the Ti Max setting to 1.7?

I was hoping to get some thoughts about this setting to ensure we are not causing other issues down the road.

I have included an OSCAR screen shot of her device charts/settings for reference.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ti Max Setting/Cycle and Bloating?
Did doctor recommended a auto bipap at ahi 33 directly?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the doctor recommended the BPAP for her treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would also like to hear thoughts about emjbork's questions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 133 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 275 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 154 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 521 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 257 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,486 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 939 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.