Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Testkit hospital | First Nights | Oscar Data | Pressure Settings
Testkit hospital | First Nights | Oscar Data | Pressure Settings
Hello everyone!

After my sleep study showed an average AHI of 6.5 with an AHI of 21 when sleeping on my back and the doctor not advising for a CPAP, I booked a slot to discuss this with him.
After doing my research and providing the daily struggles I face together with the request to at least try out a CPAP for a few weeks to see if it would help or not, he agreed and sent me home with a testing kit (airsense 10 elite, no humidifier, no heating, nasal mask).

I've been using the kit now for 3 days and started taping my mouth since yesterday. This last night i still had an AHI of 4.48.
This is the night of which I'm trying to analyze the data to change pressure/settings for the upcoming night accordingly. (Have a view in the attachments)

My CPAP machine can only be put on static mode with a min pressure and normal pressure setting. I have these on 6 & 8 now respectively. My EPR is set at 3.

Would any of you who are more experienced be able to give me some advice surrounding my settings for the coming nights?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Testkit hospital | First Nights | Oscar Data | Pressure Settings
EDIT: in the sleep study I didn't show any signs of central apnea. Can this now occur due to taping of the mouth, EPR settings or pressure settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have nights with no CAs and other nights with no OAs. OSCAR data over time I think is better than 1 night sleep study. But the sleep study does collect more data.

But the main measurement is "How you feel in the morning". Very subjective and influenced by many variables not in any sleep study. 

Use the notes or keep a log since you are still evaluating. Keep track of night activities like bathroom wakeup, medication changes,  did you consume alcohol, had congestion. You could invest in O2 wearable monitor. 

Was your sleep study a 1night lab or home study over multiple nights? Lab Sleep study usually collects more data like position, your heart and brainwave activity and observation. 

I will let the experts give you advice on your charts. But your charts do not show any expanded views for the OAs or CAs.

Coffee
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
A good experiment might be to reduce your EPR to 2 or even 1. This will in effect increase your pressure when you breathe out, which might help with your OAs.

And it might help with the CAs too. The CAs can show up if a bit more CO2 is being washed out than usual. This reduces your "breathe now" drive a little. One way to address this is to throttle back on EPR.

You can't hurt yourself with this experiment. Meanwhile, do as B1Sailor suggests and keep close track of you you feel during the day. You may find that you're feeling good despite a fair sprinkling of CAs. Or not. Getting good rest is the key when your AHI is low enough -- as your is -- not to pose significant health risks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 68 2 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,276 9 hours ago
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 253 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  First 2 nights Narcil 0 60 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 131 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 1 464 04-13-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.