Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you so much for posting the "Clinician's Menu" instructions. I really needed to set my CPAP to Auto mode and was frustrated that I was going to have to get a new prescrition and all that stuff. I have been using a CPAP since 2006. I needed a replacement machine and they would only set the pressure to what was diagnosed 6 years ago. I bought the auto CPAP anyway and I am so glad I did. Thank you. I will be making a donation as you have helped me avoid a lot of agravation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thank you!
SuperSleeper does a great job!

Glad he (and by default, the rest of us) could help you!

If you have any questions about any of it, just ask.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The real work behind the scenes comes from our Moderator, Monitors & Master Members.

Welcome, mamali.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mamali,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm glad you came here to get help.
It's a great forum and there lots of great and helpful people here.
Best of luck with setting up your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2012, 10:20 PM)mamali Wrote: I needed a replacement machine and they would only set the pressure to what was diagnosed 6 years ago. I bought the auto CPAP anyway and I am so glad I did. Thank you. I will be making a donation as you have helped me avoid a lot of agravation.

That's great that you were able to get the help you needed here.

Apnea Board is all about patient empowerment and you are a perfect example of how an educated patient can, with the right knowledge, improve her own CPAP therapy.

You could take the next step and start using your computer to look at your CPAP data. You could use either ResScan or SleepyHead, both are free software that will help you fine tune your pressure settings to maximize the benefit you get from your therapy.

You set your machine in auto mode, what range of pressures did you set?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.