Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] TheWallofSleep's Therapy Thread
RE: Help Calibrating APAP Pressure
FWIW PS for me on ASV is fine but anything else is trainwreck bad. If your CA situation is anywhere like mine, yours may follow that pattern somewhat.

On shallow breathing, any pulmonary based restrictions?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I weigh 129lbs/58.5kg. I was looking at some of those numbers but I do not know if the range will change on BiPAP vs CPAP.  I do not have any pulmonary problems other than sleep apnea. In the past I have asked about my blood pressure and was always told it was excellent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Higher PS doest seem friendly to me either, as is visible in Post #71 on page 8
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, good that you don't have other issues. FWIW the last time I weighed that was before I enlisted at age 17 in 1986.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
are you a runner?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2021, 04:55 PM)TheWallofsleep Wrote: I was using the ResMed Autoset for over a year. I only had to switch because of a fairly rare variant of sleep apnea. In order to change the settings on that machine, and seemingly any ResMed machine, you hold down the knob and the home button simultaneously for a few seconds until the menu shows an option called "clinical settings". Once you are at that point, you can change anything that can be changed on that machine all by yourself. There is no need to take it anywhere to be programmed. They are probably telling you that because they don't want you to program it, but it can indeed be programmed from home. Just be sure to upload your OSCAR data so people here can give educated advice on what to program. Best of luck to you.

Thank you! That is what I saw on YouTube. I had also seen OSCAR mentioned on this forum. I want to make an informed decision.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2021, 05:12 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Valerie, yes you can do setup for yourself. Look at the top black banner for CPAP Setup Manual then find ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. Request the manual and it goes over everything. The AutoSet is the best CPAP style machine for most users. Get OSCAR, the free app to monitor your CPAP data. It's safe to use. You'll have a lot more data than Dr. Dolittle knows what to do with.

Thank you Dave. The reply was from the Doctor's nurse or assistant? But yes the person who replied seemed pretty ignorant of CPAP models. I will get the ResMed manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2021, 08:33 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK, good that you don't have other issues. FWIW the last time I weighed that was before I enlisted at age 17 in 1986.

No other issues that I know of. I have not had any significant signs of anything. Given my age and active life, I would not suspect any other underlying pulmonary issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2021, 08:36 PM)Gideon Wrote: are you a runner?

I am not a runner, however I am fairly active. I try to walk around two miles every day to every other day. Overall, I am pretty consistent with that. I am only 5'5", so I am in a healthy range proportionaly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not entirely sure about the forum policy regarding this, but can I request this thread be renamed to, "TheWallofSleep Therapy", or something of that nature since this thread has nothing to do with APAP titration anymore?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,343 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.