Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] UARS Bilevel help
UARS Bilevel help
    Recently diagnoses with UARS. I have a 5.4 RDi but it's like 11 when I'm on my back or side. Recently bought a Bicurve machine. I attached my oscar stuff. Someone tell me if my settings and everything looks ok? felt like crap today with these settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS Bilevel help
Welcome to the forum.

UARS, in the early stages, is all about managing your flow limits.  It is difficult to manage because there is little to see from the sky-high view, though that view is important and should always be included because in the worst case it does provide context.  For anything other than

Several of your large chunks of flow limits are from when you are likely awake, near the start or breaks in your therapy, we need to ignore those.  Your 95% average for flow limits is good, hey it's at zero which means very little.  

Your AHI of under 1.0 means that we will rely heavily on how you feel and this needs to be in critical detail.  Say'ng you 'feel like crap' means we ought to be doing something but provides little indication of what.  So please tell us why you 'feel like crap'.

Why are you on a PS of 3.4?
Do you have any other breathing or heart issues? 

Can you post redacted (we could care less about your personal data, and it makes it harder fo hackers) copies of your sleep studies?

Also post a few random 2-minute zoomed views plus at any time you felt that you were having a problem.  We are looking for frequent flow limited breathing and RERAs that are not otherwise reported.  And areas that show disrupted breathing (these are frequently RERAs)
Post Reply Post Reply
My ps is at 3.4 because I started at 3 and kept upping. Someone advised me to gradually up the PS until I felt better but to turn it down when I get CAs. I do not know how to redact the info? 

What settings do you recommend I start with and what should I do if I don’t feel better on them?

Oh and by feel like crap, brain fog, anxious, weak, fatigued etc. I felt best side sleeping with backpack and ball lol. So for context. I guess 3/10 with 1 being “I’m basically disabled” and with the back pack and ball only a 5/10.
Post Reply Post Reply
You post regularly on this forum with daily charts that include the full night (including your missing flow rate chart) with detailed/zoomed charts of areas you have questions about. With UARS you will bet good at looking at zoomed charts. As homework go to about a 5 minute zoom and on the flow rate chart look for questionable areas. Set the y-axis on that chart to +/- 60 so we get a better view of the flow rate. The flow rate chart IS the most important chart in the arsonal, always include it.

Redacting: it depends on the form of the report, if paper simply tape over your identifying info prior to scanning. There are programs where you can type over a PDF, and any imaging editor will allow you to 'draw over the info. Watch file size when complete, you may need to rediuce size.
Post Reply Post Reply
Staff Ok will do. I just don’t know what I’m looking for? I’ve been lurking for a while and idk what weird flows and stuff look like. Really appreciate all you do on here bonjour. I’ll post another thread with more data as you specified. Here are my sleep test results. Could you take a look at my heart rate? On my Fitbit it goes crazy all night long. I know a 100 bpm is normal to some but my resting is 49. Seems insane to think my heart rate doubles at some points in my sleep.

In the meantime any idea what settings I should do tonight?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Heres a better one of the flow rate. I think I changed the Y axis but not sure if I did it the way you wanted.

Post Reply Post Reply
Shoot figured out the axis stuff. Heres another one...

Post Reply Post Reply
First keep all, all that pertains to your therapy in one thread, it is important. It maintains a history.

The event at 730 was disruptive, note that it has no event flag associated with it. That is one thing you are looking for
Post Reply Post Reply
The event at 622 is also disruptive, note your breathing at both the start and end of that segment, that is your normal breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
So what do I do? Are my settings not good?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 429 2 hours ago
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,127 Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,347 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,155 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 131 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,757 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 17 473 04-06-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.