Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] UARS Bilevel help
RE: UARS Bilevel help
UARS is usually a low pressure with higher PS.
Set PS=4 because that is a normal starting point for BiLevel.

Min EPAP is set by how you feel since yo have no measured obstructive events. Do you feel like you are sucking through a straw to get air? If so we need to raise min EPAP.

If you don't know, with everything else constant raise min EPAP by one and determine which setting feels better.

And post the results of changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I definitely do at 6. Ok PS 4 and min 7 tonight. I Will update in the morning. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
That is why you need to be very critical on how you feel. Doctors call those things symptoms. Better bur. . . is an ok response, describe the but.
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept a little better. To be more specific, my legs felt like.. Not stiff and tight? I did have a small headache, I didn’t feel anxious, shoulders felt relaxed, brain fog was gone.

AHI was 1.3 like 95% centrals. My Fitbit heart rate still had spikes but looked a tad better?

Exhale setting min was on 7. PS 4. Thinking about upping it to 4.4. What do you guys think and is there any data you’d like to see?

Happy fourth all!
Post Reply Post Reply
UARS and PLM
Is it possible Reras are caused by tossing and turning? I’ve been sleeping in a room that’s like 80 degrees and I constantly toss and turn and I’m wondering if that’s causing UARS and spiking heart rate at night
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS and PLM
Hello, Jackgains. I see you had a different thread going about your therapy. It's very helpful if you keep everything about your therapy in one thread, unless there's a complete change of subject.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...elp?page=2

It would have been useful to see a chart for the final post you made there.

About periodic limb movement disorder. It's a pretty specific condition. Here's some information from a trusted source:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/di...-in-adults

If what you experience is general restless sleep, that isn't by itself evidence of PLMD. Some people have made videos of themselves at night to see if they exhibit the periodic movements typical of PLMD, so that's something you could try.

Anything that disrupts your sleep, including RERAs or warm temperatures, can be associated with tossing and turning. Do you have any way to lower the temperature in your bedroom? Higher temperatures can be quite disruptive to a good night's sleep.

I'd like to encourage you to go back to your earlier thread and follow through with more reports on how you are feeling and more charts. Feel free to include questions like the ones you've raised here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I felt like this was a different question though. So could RERAS come from disruptions in breath say caused by tossing and turning? My heart rate spikes all night and I feel it’s due to the heat and getting comfortable so could this lead to a high RDI?

So to be clear, can tossing and turning show up as a RERA?
Post Reply Post Reply
RERAs cause is more fundamental, Typically Upper Airway Restrictions. RERAs, by definition, end with arousal, they are not caused by arousals/tossing and turning. So Tossing and turning may be the end of a RERA which will have a series of flow limits, upper airway restrictions, ending in tossing and turning/arousal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bummer, I’ve been messing with the PS and nothings helping. Zaghi, an ENT that studies UARS in case you’re not familiar says in most cases XPAPS won’t be enough for UARS. I’m in a jaw expansion device but my class 4 tongue tie won’t be released for another 2 months at least. Idk if I can go another 2 months though. This stuff is killer man
Post Reply Post Reply
Jack do you have another thread where you have proven UARS?

UARS is best treated with BiLevel and typically require more Pressure Support than CPAPs can supply. Our machine of choice is the ResMed VAuto with some having success with off-book use of an ASV .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 952 8 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 64 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 621 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 195 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,961 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 79 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.