Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] UARS treatment and clueless
RE: UARS treatment and clueless
UARS is all about the Flow Limits. These are missing. If you do a deep dive, 3 minute views of your flow rate, you will find some, but likely not enough to be significant.
We see a lot of 'misinterpreted' sleep studies, this is not one of them.
Post the full night for context, then several random areas (3-minutes) of the Flow Rate. These would need to be evaluated for flow limits.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...eathing.29
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay sounds good.

Would it make sense for me to get another sleep study done?

My doctor who ordered this and the lab I got it from have been extremely useless in providing the in depth results I’ve asked for. I also had this sleep study done in 2018.

I’ve heard watchpat is really good and relatively easy. Is there a general consensus from the forum here on using the watchpat test?
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO, no you do not need another sleep test.
I see no RERAs and very few flow limits

To double check look at your flow rate for waveforms similar to what I linked to. Then post them for confirmation. We are looking also for arousals, usually a larger irregular breath or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding another sleep test, you need to understand that sleep tests are not good diagnostic tools for UARS. In general, sleep tests are operated for the benefit of insurance to exclude individuals from CPAP therapy that do not have the defined characteristics of clinical obstructive sleep apnea. Individuals with UARS are one of the groups specifically targeted NOT to get therapy. In most cases the tests are actually scored by a computer algorithm, an automated report with technician's comments is printed out and the doctor is a signatory that may or may not even read the report or ever see the patient. The system is broken, but it helps if you understand what it is and its limitations in producing useful, meaningful results. It is not a test, it is a procedure.

Read the Organizing Your Oscar Charts wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization Make a chart according to the directions and pay special attention to the part of the wiki discussing how to create a zoomed image of the flow rate as requested by Gideon. Post a few of those charts and any flow limitation will be revealed as flattened inspiratory flow waves.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 950 8 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 48 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 159 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 64 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 621 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 195 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.