Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure adjustments
Pressure adjustments
Just came back in here after being away for a while. REALLY A GREAT FORUM!!!

I have been using C-pap for a number of years. I have my machine (S9 auto set) set at a minimum of 8 and max at 20. It seems in the last year or so that the pressure is getting up their, so much so that I will wake up several times a night with mask leaks and the pressure is running at 16 or so. This forced me to tighten the straps which is giving me jaw issues and still doesn't stop the mask from leaking and pulls my chin towards my chest which I think closes my airway so I am constantly shutting the machine off and on to re set the pressure.

So I did a few things. First tried a cervical collar to keep my head more up right. Didn't help much so I lowered the max pressure to 16 and that was better but just so-so. So then I lowered the max to 12. This seems to be the answer.

I have the Resmed software (thanks to this forum) not an expert at using it, I will spend more time with it

So with the collar and the pressure set at 12 it seems pretty good no longer waking up.

My AHI &AI are low less than 1.0 so I think I am ok.

So a few questions

1.How accurate is the information generated by the S9 that we look at on RES MED?

2.What are the most important factors to look at on the software? AI & AHI?, leaks?, Pressure? etc

3. If my #s are good with the Max set at 12 why did the machine go to 16-18 and blowing the mask off my face?

I had a sleep study done 1 1/2 years ago due to these problems. I asked my ENT if I could take the test using my mask & my machine so we could see what is going on. Of course she said yes but the sleep center would only let me use my mask. What king of a "test" uses false criteria to generate a result? At least that is my warped thinking

When I followed up with her all I got was "its working great, keep using it" and never had a copy of the report. I hated that sleep center people were awful.

I was disgusted but according to her I was doing ok. I called the sleep center to get a copy of the report which I will have tomorrow.

Thank you for all the help. Much appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure adjustments
To see what was causing your pressure increases we would need to see your daily charts, preferably from SleepyHead.
We would be looking for Snores, Flow Limits, Hypopneas, Obstructive Apneas for a reason. The Important charts are Events, Flow Rate, Flow Limits, Snores, Leaks and Pressure with the Calendar and PieChart turned off but the left sidebar still enabled.
They needed to use their machine because that is what they record from. Your EPR setting is also important because that helps manage Hypopneas, Flow Limitations, and RERAs.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure adjustments
Picked up the results of my sleep test from last year. They recommend a pressure of 9 so I think I am on the right track now. I have set the "MAX" pressure to 12 on my S9 auto-set and it seems to be working ok the last few nights. Mask is staying on, no real leaks. I can sleep through the night without waking up to a leaking mask and having to cycle the machine to reset it. My AI & AHI are low. Sometimes if I do wake up I check the machine pressure and it's in the 9-10 range usually.

Thanks for the help

Have to keep working with the RES MED software so I can navigate through it better
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 505 9 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,835 10 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 173 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto - Adjustments sleepy9994 11 1,365 10-28-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.