Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure and Snoring
RE: Pressure and Snoring
(12-18-2012, 06:51 PM)graphton Wrote: I was using the nasal mask, my full face came today.
which nasal mask
make sure fitting Quattro FX with the swing seal technique as shown
http://www.quattrofx.com/quattrofx/en/index.html

here is an excellent mask fitting guide by jeffy1958
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED

Post Reply Post Reply
not sure if this helps

Device Settings
Therapy Mode: CPAP
EPR Level: 3.0 cmH20
Set Pressure: 10.0 cmH20 EPR: Full Time
Leak - Umin
Median: 0.0 95th Percentile: 3.6 Maximum: 15.6
AHI & AI - eventslhr
Apnea Index: 1.7
Central: 0.0
AHI: 2.0
Unknown: 0.0
Usage
Used Days >= 4 hrs : 29
Days not used: 1
Total hours used: 213:36
RESMED

Used Days < 4 hrs : 0
Total days: 30
Average daily usage: 7:07
ResScan v4.1.0.0
Obstructive: 1.4
Hypopnea Index: 0.3
% Used Days >= 4 hrs : 96
Median daily usage: 7:39
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2012, 06:51 PM)graphton Wrote: I was using the nasal mask, my full face came today.

How do I upload the report data?

Jim,

Since you're changing the mask today, your previous leak data won't be relevant, going forward, your real concern should be to sleep through the night with as close to 0 leaks as possible and then your data won't be artificially skewed by leakage.

Like Zonk already said, wash your face and mask cushion daily before going to bed, I also shave every night to get a better mask seal, stubble can cause leaks too.

There's several video's about fitting your Quattro FX on YouTube, just search for "Quattro FX" to get the list and watch a few.

Let us know how it works for you.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks we're all still posting at the same time!

Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Bummer I have a mustache and gotee....I am bad about not washing the mask daily I will try that
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, graphton! On the ResScan summary data you attached, I see your 95th percentile Leak rate (second darkest green color) well below the 24L/min red line, although your max. leaks (the lightest green color) jumps well over that line on many nights. This says to me that during 95% of the nights, your leak rate was well below the 24L red line (very good), but your max. leaks are happening over brief periods during the night--I'm picturing short spikes in time, perhaps as you briefly change position or something like that.
After getting used to your new mask, you'll know if the leak situation has changed. After all the trials have been completed and if you're still snoring in the mask, my bet is that, as you have already thought, your pressure is possibly too low. And yes, a sleep study titrated pressure can absolutely be off the mark. Last year, my study called for 13cm. Finally, the correct range to stop my snoring and events was found, via trial and error and finally an Autoset, in the 18-20cm range.
Post Reply Post Reply
In terms of leaks, since you are using ResScan, you want them to stay below that red line. And because your leaks are so high, your AHI data is skewed and not being accurately treated or detected.

When you snore, do you snore with your mouth open? If you don't, then a full face mask is not necessary. But most likely you are, else it would be sound of air that wakes your wife, not the snoring.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My wife tells me I do not snore with my mouth open, which Is why I suspected the pressure, I noticed with the nasal mask I would get some leaks at the top of my nose and I could feel air hitting my eyes. Also I would have to crank the headgear so tight the forehead pad was giving me lines in my head. I was actually fitted for the nasal mask at the sleep center. I do hope the full mask is better for my facial hair so we shall see...
Even with the custom snore guard it sounds like a chainsaw on some nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
anyone would be happy with these numbers

Median: 0.0 95th Percentile: 3.6 Maximum: 15.6
leaks quite good (much better than mine) ... don,t look to be problem
try chinstrap ... as air escape thru the mouth would compromise the therapy

what snore graph look like ... shown on a scale quite to loud

Resscan tutorial guide:
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, you must have missed the image he attached. Go back to page one to see it.

Or here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...4#pid25304
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,457 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,587 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,628 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 999 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 531 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.