Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] central sleep apnea because of high Bipap pressure??
RE: central sleep apnea because of high Bipap pressure??
Here is the recommended clinical titration protocol from Resmed.  Assuming they started you at CPAP settings, the initial pressure support should have only been 4.0 cm. That is increased for hypopnea.  Nothing resembling this was used in your titration.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4203]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2021, 03:42 AM)fbu007 Wrote: Hi
the VAuto-mode is not very beneficial for treating CAs. You should switch to S-mode and choose a backup rate of 10.

With best regards
Frank

Hello Frank,
I am currently using Aircurve 10 vauto resmed. I do not see backup rate in my machine. Should my machine have it? However, i just found out my insurance approved for ASV titration. 
I am curious that you mentioned i should switch to s-mode and backup rate of 10. I double checked my reports and do not see anywhere the backup rate of 10 mentioned anywhere. Did you want me to try 10 backup rate looking at me studies or was it a calculated guess or random number?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello sanemonk1,
I have a Aircurve S where you can set a backup rate of 10. The backup rate is supposed to prevent CA. However, it is possible that not every Aircurve can master this mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S model doesn't have a backup rate. That is on the ST model.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In VAuto mode you can limit range to mimic either an "S", CPAP, or even an APAP. Thus it is the settings that matter, it is the settings that got you, through no fault of your own, into this fine mess.

The settings I suggested earlier should be a good place to actually start a good titration for you.

And no, the VAuto doesn't have a timed backup, and neither does the "S" or the "S" mode, you need the "ST" model for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need backup rate. Like Gideon says your settings are causing these central apneas. These are bad settings determined in what appears to have been a poor quality titration study.

Do what Gideon is recommending and step back to a more basic setting and you will most likely see an immediate improvement. EPAP 11, IPAP 14 (which is PS of 3).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone, 
i took the suggestion and set the ipap 14 and epap 11 with PS 3. I was able to sleep for about 3 and half hours last night with very good result of 2.87. Since i was scared of the new setting i did sleep only on the side making big pillow fort so i don't revert to back sleeping. I always sleep on my back normally. My apnea and tiredness is normally very low when i sleep on the side instead of back.
However, there was still 4 CA events, 1 Hypopnea and 5 OSA events around the same time frame.
I was praying not to see CA events. 
I will sleep on my back tonight and post result again. Should there be any change in the PS or any pressure setting? any suggestion?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's not change anything right now, just try your back.

At some point I want you to go into auto mode. For now just looking for good settings for you. Thanks for trying this start over because that is what it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hallo,

mein Aircurve S hat eine Backup-Rate.

[Anhang = 32209]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm wondering if non US models of the ResMed S are different then. Thanks for sharing the image, fbu007.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 586 30 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 961 Today, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 238 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,518 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.