Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] change in apnea events after waking up
change in apnea events after waking up
I am a new user of a CPAP machine and after about two months I am getting along quite well.  I needed a chin strap and a different size nose pad but I am mostly sleeping fairly well.  My Dr upped my pressure from 5 to 6 and I did start having some nights with 2-5 events/hour.  But I also have some nights with 9-15 events.  I also note that sometimes when I wake up at 2 or 3 am after sleeping 3 or 4 hours i sometimes have 2-4 events and then after going back to sleep and wake up ~ 6 am my machine registers 10-15 events.  Is this common and how to I get my machine to be more consistent at lower events?  Does my pressure need to go up again?  I see my Dr in a week or two but thought as new to this blog I would start off by asking a question.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: change in apnea events after waking up
It’s not so much the events or total AHI number, but what is the makeup of the AHI, like how many Obstructives, how many Hypopneas, how many Clear Airways....

Other events that are not added into the AHI, like Flow Limitations, Snores, Rera’s also can determine what your pressure should be for optimal treatment. I suspect right now with using a straight pressure of 6cm is not working for you.

If you would like us to take a look at your data, please download the free OSCAR software.  
Upload your data from the SD card (that should be in your machine) to your computer.  
The follow the links below on how to organize the graphs and then use the attachment feature to post here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: change in apnea events after waking up
Welcome to the Apnea Board.

The data helps us to visualize what's happening. There's also clues you mention by describing what you're experiencing. Combining these gives a better idea how to help you. Post some OSCAR data from recent nights and we'll be glad to comment on how to make it work better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 331 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 263 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.