Mask Make & Model: ResMed s9 elite
Humidifier: ResMed s9 elite
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Pressure comes out too fast.
Hi all,

I had a resmed a9 for 6 months on trial. I loved it. So I bought one. For some reason, when I inhale the pressure is so strong that I have to take it off. I'm currently awake at 1 in the morning because I couldn't sleep. I've been adjusting the settings but I can't figure out how to get it to be more in line with my breathing. It feels like as the machine realizes I'm about to inhale it ramps up and blasts me with air. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
07-19-2014 12:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
becker44a Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus Lg
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Rx 10 - 20cm, Usually 10-14cm
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: Pressure comes out too fast.
(07-19-2014 12:07 AM)wideiris Wrote:  Hi all,

I had a resmed a9 for 6 months on trial. I loved it. So I bought one. For some reason, when I inhale the pressure is so strong that I have to take it off. I'm currently awake at 1 in the morning because I couldn't sleep. I've been adjusting the settings but I can't figure out how to get it to be more in line with my breathing. It feels like as the machine realizes I'm about to inhale it ramps up and blasts me with air. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi wideiris,
Welcome to the forum! There are lots of folks here that will be happy to offer help and advice.

It would help us help you if you would fill out your profile more, with the exact model of your ResMed S9 (look on top by the Power button), mask details, prescribed pressure(s), etc.

Just a guess here, but it sounds as if you aren't using the Ramp feature, and it might help you, especially if you are new to CPAP therapy.

Good Luck in your PAP journey.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
07-19-2014 12:17 AM
diamaunt Offline

Members-b

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto 36006
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: mirage quattro/pilairo q
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 9-20ish
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

which resmed machine do you have?

there's 13 basic models in the S9 series.
07-19-2014 12:17 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(07-19-2014 12:07 AM)wideiris Wrote:  I've been adjusting the settings but I can't figure out how to get it to be more in line with my breathing. It feels like as the machine realizes I'm about to inhale it ramps up and blasts me with air. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Is the machine set exactly the same as the trial machine? pressure, EPR, etc ...
We know from your other thread, the machine is "not the escape", so can assume its not Escape Auto either, that leave AutoSet and Elite, both are data capable machines

My problem was with EPR, I find the 'decreasing and increasing' pressure is annoying and interfering with my breathing rhythm so I turn it off and the problem resolved but for some, its a godsend

It might be not what,re talking about, What setting have you djusted ?
Most people talk about having problems while exhaling, turn on EPR or set at higher level seem to helps as pressure drop during exhale by whatever level been selected (by 1, 2, or 3)
07-19-2014 02:53 AM
wideiris Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed s9 elite
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed s9 elite
Humidifier: ResMed s9 elite
CPAP Pressure: 8

Other Comments:

Firstly, thanks to everyone for responding. I really appreciate it.

I think it's a combination of the ramping and the EPR. I turned the ramp back on, turned the EPR up and managed to go back to sleep. success (for now!)

(07-19-2014 02:53 AM)zonk Wrote:  
(07-19-2014 12:07 AM)wideiris Wrote:  I've been adjusting the settings but I can't figure out how to get it to be more in line with my breathing. It feels like as the machine realizes I'm about to inhale it ramps up and blasts me with air. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Is the machine set exactly the same as the trial machine? pressure, EPR, etc ...
We know from your other thread, the machine is "not the escape", so can assume its not Escape Auto either, that leave AutoSet and Elite, both are data capable machines

My problem was with EPR, I find the 'decreasing and increasing' pressure is annoying and interfering with my breathing rhythm so I turn it off and the problem resolved but for some, its a godsend

It might be not what,re talking about, What setting have you djusted ?
Most people talk about having problems while exhaling, turn on EPR or set at higher level seem to helps as pressure drop during exhale by whatever level been selected (by 1, 2, or 3)
07-19-2014 07:34 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which disturbs sleep most? High Pressure or Changing Pressure Rcgop 7 1,251 11-10-2016 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Lower max pressure affecting pressure increases Rcgop 9 717 07-17-2016 07:03 PM
Last Post: green wings
  I pressure/E pressure - cause/cure - on CAs Rcgop 1 531 06-17-2016 08:47 PM
Last Post: richb
Gross treatment pressure higher than the setting pressure debby2242 24 1,987 04-03-2016 01:34 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Resmed Airsense 10 ramping too fast dwlims 6 799 03-15-2016 04:18 PM
Last Post: dwlims
  [CPAP] Humidifier Resmed Airsense 10 - Empty fast berniw 22 2,260 11-16-2015 02:52 PM
Last Post: berniw
  Fast pressure rises/and at max regbeach 13 1,412 10-16-2015 03:55 PM
Last Post: regbeach