Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure drop
Pressure drop

This is a screenshot of my reading for Jan 8th and I am wondering if anyone has seen this type of pressure drop before, I know there are a lot of leakage that night but I have had large leaks before without it affecting the pressure like this, I would really appreciate any input as to what might have caused this drop.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure drop
Ahh I think this is just an OSCAR "undocumented feature". I think I saw something earlier in the week about there being an upcoming fix, but see what the others say.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try purging that days data, then re-import it and see if the problem is fixed for you.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This graphing feature is the result using constant pressure and disconnecting the mask before stopping the machine, giving a final pressure of zero.

The display can be corrected in Preferences, the Appearance tab. Tick 'Square wave plot'
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gbbarry, are you by any chance trying to treat complex or central apnea with that ST machine? It isn't working and you need ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Central apnea is the main problem and my readings fluctuate quite a lot the lowest I have had is AHI 18 last night was 40.59,

I have never taken my mask off before switching machine off it is just routine for me to do it the other way round.
Post Reply Post Reply
>>>I have never taken my mask off before switching machine off it is just routine for me to do it the other way round.

Very good; that also avoids the huge leak.

In any case, clicking on Square Wave Plat in Preferences->Appearances tab should cure it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2022, 02:24 PM)gbbarrie Wrote: Central apnea is the main problem and my readings fluctuate quite a lot the lowest I have had is AHI 18 last night was 40.59,

I have never taken my mask off before switching machine off it is just routine for me to do it the other way round.

I'd like you to start a thread in the main forum to talk about your Central Apnea using the ST and perhaps we can help you move to the proper therapy.  Dispensing ST to central apnea patients is extremely common, but it is an error and you clearly need the ASV.  We have many members that have made this transition.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2022, 03:30 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'd like you to start a thread in the main forum to talk about your Central Apnea using the ST and perhaps we can help you move to the proper therapy.  Dispensing ST to central apnea patients is extremely common, but it is an error and you clearly need the ASV.  We have many members that have made this transition.

As a new subscriber to apneaboard I have not figured out how to start a thread in main forum I initially thought that is where I was posting . I must admit I have been thinking along the same lines of needing an ASV but my sleep Dr`s assistant who I saw just before Christmas said he was happy with my readings because they were a lot lower than when I had my sleep test ( which I havn`t seen ) but he said registered my AHI in the 50`s, but I had just told him I didn`t think he was listening to what I was saying which put him on the back foot, and after that he couldn`t wait to leave. I have to say I have learned more about my affliction reading comments on here than I have learned from anywhere else. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Look in the Private Area - Forum Account Help for all sorts of information.

Here is the one for starting a new thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...83#pid3283
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 805 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  SpO2 Drop below X not working? YouTakeMyBreathAway 9 811 02-03-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Set CPAP to fixed pressure but OSCAR shows pressure decreasing all night... cpapnewbie18 2 727 01-12-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Wellue SpO2 drop events & pulse changes ovmeadows 4 764 10-06-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: ovmeadows
Question Any way to remove Oximetry drop outs? CopaMundial 1 569 02-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepyhead Pressure vs Mask Pressure? JVWEIL 2 1,364 02-24-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Sleepyhead - Pressure vs Mask Pressure Graphs sonicboom 11 4,798 11-25-2017, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Reznik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.