Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

husband needs help
RE: husband needs help
All great replies~!

If your husband has questions or concerns that are slowing him down, and wishes to talk to a hosehead about them (before a Doc), I for one would be happy to fill him in all he wants. I'm a retired long haul truck driver (yup-CPAP was on the road with me), and I was getting my DOT medical card all along (same PCP for 20+ years), and suddenly one day, my resting heartrate was through the roof and could not be lowered (that's what took me off the road for 9 weeks, til we figured it out). Better to see if OSA is an issue before damage gets done.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: husband needs help
(12-17-2013, 03:51 AM)me50 Wrote: Cicero, all your doc did was monitor your SP02 overnight and determined you had OSA? no sleep study, in home or in the hospital? That wouldn't make me feel very comfortable. How did they determine what type of OSA you had, what pressure you needed, etc.? Do you look at your data in ResScan or SleepyHead? What is your pressure?
I have to say me50, I tend not to have an interest in the details, till I find I need to.
Having followed the instructions so far, I had them look at my data yesterday and thus far they say all is well with readings.
The reason I went in the first place was for headaches, which I have had a for a lifetime, with no obvious cause.
I note some on here who have had morning headaches, have had good results with CPAP giving them a normal oxygen level.
So far even with good readings my headaches persist.
I have decided to persist for a few months and see how it goes.
Thanks for your info.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Husband's August Therapy Deborah K. 2 401 08-26-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: jwest
  [Treatment] Posting for my husband - new to CPAP, aerophagia tmc712 5 21,736 11-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Last Post: tmc712
  Need help with husband's therapy. Deborah K. 4 523 09-17-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband) hookedonstitch 17 1,355 08-11-2021, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Newly diagnosed husband mixed events ahi 81, need advice Artapnea 10 1,507 04-13-2020, 04:08 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Slept With My Husband Last Night! Data Attached Diggers4pg 2 1,113 05-27-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Diggers4pg
  My husband finally got his new machine ruthcatrin 18 2,513 04-19-2019, 05:08 AM
Last Post: ruthcatrin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.