Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] how to exceed max ai of 19
RE: how to exceed max ai of 19
we will see what the report says, but that is interesting that you feel you did not get 'full lung' feeling.  this may be, in part, to you having a strikingly fuller lung at much higher pressure, that may not be best for you but feels comfortable.

do you feel like the machine is trying to force you to exhale before you can get a good inhale?

I assume that you have no problem getting good full breaths during the day, without an aid, like supplemental oxygen or ventilator?

ok.  good luck, and try that imgur site for storing your images, and posting a link in your response.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm back again with some data
Hello,
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support.  I've donated and I'll donate again.
A bit overwhelmed by other things in my life, I abandoned this thread in August.
I'm back now with data.
I learned how to run my device while adjusting the parameters.  I did this until I found settings with which I was comfortable.
I consider comfort and usability as the first requirement for using my device.
Last night I had an AHI of 2.31.  This seems to be satisfactory.  I consider effectiveness as the second requirement.
I now come to the third requirement.  It consists of your verifying that I haven't made mistakes and that I continue what I'm doing.
Could you please let me know.
Below are some statistics from last night.  (I'm a bit overwhelmed by your usual procedure for communicating a set of Sleepy Head data.)
Best wishes,
Basil
AHI = 2.31
Hypopne-a Index = 1.48
Average EPAP 11.16
MinEPAP= 11.00
Max EPAP = 15.00
Average IPAP = 18.45
90% IPAP = 21.16
Min IPAP = 11.22
Max IPAP = 25.00
Brand = ResMed
Series = AirCurve 10
Model = CS PaceWave (37061)
Post Reply Post Reply
Your CS Pacewave is known here as the Aircurve 10 ASV.  You mixed results and settings, so I am going to copy back some settings.  Please let me know if I have anything wrong:
Mode: ASVauto
IPAP min: 11.0
IPAP max: 15.0
PS min: 0
PS max: ??
IPAP max: 25.0

Your results were an AHI of 2.31, over half was hypopnea, and the rest may have been UA, correct?

The AHI is acceptable and it appears you have a relatively high EPAP min.  It would be much easier to interpret efficacy to see a night of detail data because we would see the machine responses and events.  I can't interpret your PS max from the post. You appear to be using PS min of 0, and some people find they do better with a low PS of 2.0.  If you are comfortable, you're doing things basically right. There may be some fine-tuning that may help, but you seem to be accomplishing your goals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for your rapid reply.  Since I don't seem to be doing anything stupid and I feel very comfortable with my new settings, I'll leave them as they are.

This will probably be my last post.  I recommend you to everyone I know with apnea problems, but since they're all French they tend to be scared of participating in an English speaking forum.

To get to use my deice for free, I have to consult a cardiologist to get a prescription and then work with technicians of Orkyn (an affiliate of Air Liquide).  Since they're in a monopoly situation,  they have no pressure to become more competent - and especially open minded and flexible.  In the future, to get my prescription for a free device, I'll tell them how wonderful they are and how I faithfully follow their directions.  If the technician finds that the settings are "wrong", I'll play dumb.

Off to donate again.  Bye.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.