Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] how to exceed max ai of 19
RE: how to exceed max ai of 19
Using Sleepy Head, I imported the SD card data.

Please advise me where to look.

The Sleepy Head primary folder contains another folder entitled "Profiles" and three XML files

The "Profiles" folder contains a folder entitled "Basil", my first name  (my user name "lisaby" starts with basil read right to left)

The "Basil" folder contains:

- three folders with impossible names: "PRS1_Pxxxx..."

- a folder ResMed-xxx...

- three XML documents (channels, machines, profile)

- various files (file, SHG, DAT, cache)

The PRS1_Pxxx...  and ResMed -xxx... folders each contain three folders: Events, Summaries, Back-up.  Their content is unintelligible files.

Basil
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, that's good information. Just to summarise then, you have an Aircurve 10 CS Pacewave, which is exactly the same machine as the Aircurve 10 ASV in the US.

What is called AI in French is pressure support (PS) in English. The main pressure parameters are:

EPAP = Expiratory positive airway pressure - the pressure when you're breathing out. This provides protection against obstructive apneas and hypopneas.
IPAP = Inspiratory positive airway pressure - the pressure when you're breathing in. This assists inhaling and provides treatment against central apneas.
PS = Pressure support. This is the additional pressure the machine applies on top of EPAP when it senses you inhaling.

EPAP + PS = IPAP

You should be able to set minimum and maximum EPAP and minimum and maximum PS. In ASV Auto mode, the machine will vary the EPAP between the minimum and maximum levels as required to prevent obstructive apneas and hypopneas. It will vary pressure support (PS, AI) on a breath-by-breath basis to keep your breathing even and to overcome central apneas.

Re #SleepyHead: When you start up the program you will get the welcome screen. One of the icons will be "CPAP Importer", which has an image of an SD card. Click on that icon and select the card from the dialog box. Note that you have to select the top level (eg E: ) not a lower level directory like E:\datalog. SleepyHead will then import the data. Once that has happened, click on the "Daily" menu item to see your data and charts. Or else click on "Overview" to see a summary of your results over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2017, 04:59 AM)lisaby Wrote: Thanks.

BTW, I tried unsuccessfully to change the "Language" setting of my device.  It's stuck at French.

What I did was to compare the screen of my French ResMed Air Curve 10 ASV Auto with that shown in the Clinical Guide that I downloaded from your site.  I give the sequence of the parameter names first in English, then in French, including the range of French values in parentheses.  I hope this this is an adequate reply to your request.

Settings no. 1 = Réglages

Home = Accuueil

Therapy = Traitement

Mode = ASVAuto (CPAP, ASV, ASVAuto)

(The order of the two following parameters are reversed in French and English)

Max Pressure = EPAP Maximum (4 - 15)

Min Pressure = EPAP Minimum  (4 - 15)

French : AI Min (0 - 6)

French: AI Max (10 - 20)

Mask = Masque

Comfort = Confort

French: Ramp Duration (Off)

French: Accessories

French: Circuit (Slim Line, Standard, 3 m)

French: AB Filter (No)

French: Exterior humidification (No)

French: Options

French: Limited access (Maximum)

French: Leakage alarm (Off)

French: SmartStart (Off)

French: Reminders (Mask = Off; Reservoir = Off; Circuit = Off; Filter = Off;

Settings no. 2

French: Configuration

Language: French

Date = Date

Time = Heure

Pressure Units = Unités de Pression (cm H2O)

Temperature Units = Unités de Température (C°)

Restore Defaults = Réglages défaut

French: About

French: Erase data

About = A propos

Thanks for reporting back what is available in the machine menus.  What you provided here are the available selections, not the therapy range that is selected.   I will use your report to show you what I think should be selected.  
If there are already settings in the Mode, and pressures, it would help to know what those are.  If they are not present, the machine is on default and not properly setup.  If you select any of these, you should see the current setting and alternative choices.

Mode = ASVAuto (CPAP, ASV, ASVAuto) (The order of the two following parameters are versed in French and English): Select ASVAuto.

Max Pressure = EPAP Maximum (4 - 15): Select 5.0

Min Pressure = EPAP Minimum  (4 - 15): Select 10.0

French : AI Min (0 - 6): Select 2.0

French: AI Max (10 - 20): Select 15.0

Mask = Masque:  Unsure, but select the appropriate mask type, Pillows, Nasal or Full Face Mask.  You appear to have the full face selected.

Comfort = Confort:  No setting here, this is a menu heading.

French: Ramp Duration (Off): Select OFF

French: Accessories: Another heading no settings

French: Circuit (Slim Line, Standard, 3 m): Choose a hose consistent with your use. Slim Line is 15 mm and Standard is 22 mm. Both have 22 mm fittings.

French: AB Filter (No): Select NO (this is for an anti-bacterial add-on filter)

French: Exterior humidification (No): Select NO (this is for an add-on humidifier other than the built-in heated humidification)

French: Options: Menu header no settings

French: Limited access (Maximum): This is to enable on-screen display of therapy results. In the U.S. model set to PLUS for the most information.  Maximum appears correct.

French: Leakage alarm (Off): Select OFF

French: SmartStart (Off): Select OFF

French: Reminders (Mask = Off; Reservoir = Off; Circuit = Off; Filter = Off;

Settings no. 2

French: Configuration

Language: French: Select whatever works best for you French, English, Portugese, Spanish.

Date = Date: Select current date

Time = Heure: Select current time

Pressure Units = Unités de Pression (cm H2O): Select CM (centimeters)

Temperature Units = Unités de Température (C°): Select C for Centigrade unless you want to be backwards like us in the U.S.

Restore Defaults = Réglages défaut: NO Selection...do not use this.

French: About:  If you press enter, this will report the machine serial number, model number and run hours.

French: Erase data: Do not use this
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2017, 08:53 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 04:59 AM)lisaby Wrote: Thanks.

BTW, I ...
Max Pressure = EPAP Maximum (4 - 15): Select 5.0

Min Pressure = EPAP Minimum  (4 - 15): Select 10.0
I am sure he meant:

Max Pressure = EPAP Maximum (4 - 15): Select 10.0

Min Pressure = EPAP Minimum  (4 - 15): Select 5.0

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks QAL. Should have caught that one.. even for this occasionally dyslexic thinker.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't thank you all enough for your tremendous support and reactivity.  I've never received this level of support in my life before - anywhere.

As I said I would, I've donated $100.  It is minuscule compared to the value of your advice.  I'll donate more at the end.  Unfortunately, my budget limits my expression of gratitude.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unaware of the size limitations of attachments, I attached the Daily Report to a message. It was rejected because of the file size of the attachment.
I've now reduced the file size under 512, but I think that I have to wait a day until the system allocates me another 512 k.
I'll try again tomorrow
Post Reply Post Reply
Others can clarify and present better directions than I can, but best practice, at least for me, was to post reports via creating an Imgur account that handles the screenshots from SleepyHead then you can post the URL that results from the Imgur posting. There are directions listed for this in the wiki, and after searching for Imgur you should see Posting A Screenshot
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Link using a 3rd party like Imgur,  see 5 easy steps in my signature.    No limit that way.

Fred Bonjour  (yes, that is my name)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for this guidance.  Unfortunately, the parameters don't let me breathe comfortably.  My devices of two years ago did.

With these settings, I have the impression that my lungs are empty at the end of an exhale and perhaps 30% full at the end of an inhale.

It's the sensation of my lungs being empty that I referred to as suffocation in my first message.

To sleep comfortably, I have the impression that I'd like to breathe with my lungs perhaps 25% full at the end of an exhale and 75% at the end of an inhale.

I'm not changing your settings.

Do you have any advice?

Might the CPAP mode be better able produce a better level of filling the lungs?  I ask the question because of the fact that I was using a CPAP device when things were working properly.

I assume that the performance of the devices hasn't changed for the worse during the past couple of years.  Accordingly, I have to assume that it's something about me that's changed.

As you know, I have my test of ballooning cheeks.  Maybe I require a higher pressure now to obtain the same phenomenon.  I'm 80.  The problem started when I was 78.  Have other people my age experienced the same thing?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.