Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] kadillac's Titration Thread...
kadillac's Titration Thread...
Hello!

I was hoping to receive some more help on my BiPAP settings. I was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and have a BiPAP. I have attached last night's OSCAR details. Any help is super appreciated!
I slept really well, but really felt like I was struggling in the morning, and my AHI was pretty high.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: kadillac's Titration Thread...
Really hoping for any advice or help this forum might have…
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK! I'll give it ago.

You are having flow limitations that may be driving up your pressure. A 2-minute zoom of your Flow Rate would better confirm my speculation. Swings in pressure could also lead to arousals that may make you feel tired after waking up. Anyway, based on my speculation, I would set your pressure to EPAP of 9, maximum = 16, and the PS to 4. These settings would allow a 3 cm pressure swing that should minimize any pressure disturbances. The increased PS will help reduce the flow limitation, thus reducing pressure changes too. The CAs beginning at 06:30 on, would lead me to think they are Sleep-Wake-Junk (SWJ). I'm taking a wait-n-see approach on these.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! So you just want me to zoom in on OSCAR for a random 2 minute period of the flow rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
That will be fine.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will this do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your waveform looks better than what I was expecting. I'm still sticking with my recommendation, above. You may be experiencing chin tucking. A soft cervical collar (SCC) may help with this.

Here is a Wiki on this subject: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I’ll see how tonight goes then I’ll look into a collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not put the SD card in last night for some stupid reason, so I don't have OSCAR data last night, but I feel great, and had an AHI of 1.7, which is the lowest I've ever had. My study was at 72. I'll post tonight's tomorrow and see if any other changes can be made. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great to hear. I'm looking forward to seeing a Daily screen tomorrow.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,578 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 532 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.