Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Autoset for Her - Best settings to start with ?
Autoset for Her - Best settings to start with ?
Hi I just got my CPAP and I am still trying to get used to it. I got a used one and I would like know which settings are the best to begin with ? 24M with narrow jaw so maybe I have UARS. I have done a sleep test at a sleep clinic and got a moderate sleep apnea diagnosis. 20 AHI. I am waiting for a MAD but got a CPAP for cheap in the meanwhile.
I tried it two nights but I woke up with my mask on the floor always after a hour or so. I think the pressure is too high idk.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Autoset for Her - Best settings to start with ?
Hi Jak540!  -  Welcome

Your flow limits are a little high, but the rest looks good.  I would set the pressure range to 8 to 10 cm and use the EPR, full time, set to 2.  Reducing the pressure change will reduce disturbances caused by pressure changes.  It should not take long to get accustomed to this pressure range.

Also, please use the F12 or, for a Mac: Fn+F12 to take your screenshots.  This will minimize the calendar and allow us to see more of the detailed information.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot I will try these settings tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hay Jak, as a long term user of a standard A 10, I had the opportunity to use a A10 for her..

The algorithm did not work for me. I could not tolerate it one night.

I switched back to the A10 standard algorithm and resumed my standard treatment.

Maybe I didn’t give enough time one would say. I said, this is not natural and my body is letting me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will stay with the For Her algorithm for now but yeah if nothing changes I will switch .

Also I have a question, EPR should be in Full Time or Ramp only ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Full Time.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2023, 01:30 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Full Time.
- Red

Oh sorry you said it in your first reply  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 153 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 222 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,432 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 918 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,250 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 542 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 575 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.