Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure need changing?
Pressure need changing?
I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea 14 years ago and began on CPAP at a pressure of 11. Six years ago I had another sleep study and pressure was increased to 12. I sleep very well, but about a year ago I began to feel lousy when I woke up. My blood pressure is high on rising but falls after meds. I feel much better when I go to bed than when I wake up. A bit depressed and sleepy all day. I have several health issues, but they are all under control with meds. Could it be that the CPAP pressure needs to be increased? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure need changing?
Some medications can affect your sleep apnea and CPAP therapy. Depending on what Resmed machine you have, it may provide data which would offer a clue to your feelings or problems. Using CPAP is a good start, however, that does not mean it is working as intended. Your profile indicates you're not using software. Can you be specific what machine your are using. Resmed has a number of models and generations. Do you have the S8, S9 or Airsense 10, and which model, Escape, Elite, Autoset or CPAP?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure need changing?
Hi hopelessromantic,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Which Resmed machine do you have?
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 273 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 400 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.