Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] new airsense 10 new at this
new airsense 10 new at this
I have purchased an airsense 10 autoset form the USA as the price difference was way different. As coincidence would have my machine and script both arrived today. (mask dreamearver nasal)
my script Recommended CPAP: Commence 6cmH2O (via a fixed-pressure CPAP machine, preferably with a humidifier).

I should have no issue setting up the machine. My question is, should I have set in auto with a low of 4 and perhaps high 10, as I move a lot during my sleeping.
Also at this pressure should my EPR be set at 1.

New to this and will be setting my machine tonight, any advice would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new airsense 10 new at this
A pressure of 6 is pretty low, and since that's what was recommended, I'd go with that the first night. See how you do. Let us know how you make out.

(If you do decide to go with a range in auto-mode, there's no harm in that either, but I would set the max at 8, not 10.)

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and G'Day

You can run the autoset in one of two modes. 1) CPAP -- fixed pressure, or 2) Auto.

You've obviously put some thought into this; and have chosen Auto (as most people would.)
I would not set the min pressure at 4. I would set it at 6. That will start you at therapeutic pressure.
On the max pressure, 10 is OK to start. Get The software -- either ResScan and/or #Sleepyhead.
If you find you are bumping up against the 10 max, you may need to increase the max pressure.

I'd start with EPR off.

First thing to do with the machine is to set the internal date and time to your local date and time.
Coming from the US it's likely not set to your time zone.

Get the clinical manual by email from the instructions on this page:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Scroll down until you find it. It will help you navigate the menus.

Best Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Good stuff from JustMongo. Your fixed CPAP pressure is 6.0. I would set the machine in Autoset mode and set the minimum pressure to 6.0 and maximum to 10. If you don't have flow limitation, snores or obstructive events the pressure should not change. If it does, your auto machine will get what the technician missed...clinical titrations are rarely right all the time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi abrun7,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope things go well for you on your first night with your new CPAP machine.
I wish you good luck on your CPAP journey and look forward to hearing more from you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. I'm new at this too, and have the Airsense 10. I have the Resmed Nasal mask and just purchased Nasal pillows, tried pillows for 1 night only. I find neither comfortable, so I guess I will need to get used to these before I can figure out what works best.

Why would you set EPR off?

My machine setting is ramp on, pressure 4 - 16. First machine, not sure where pressure should be so just getting a feel for this whole thing for now.

People have said it's a game changer, so far I don't see that. I sleep better but less, once I get up have trouble getting back to sleep. Events have gone down from 25 to 5 using the Nasal mask, but registered 14 last night using the pillows. Still trying to get the pillow fit right.

Any advise would help, thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2016, 10:06 PM)hnarula Wrote: Hi. I'm new at this too, and have the Airsense 10. I have the Resmed Nasal mask and just purchased Nasal pillows, tried pillows for 1 night only. I find neither comfortable, so I guess I will need to get used to these before I can figure out what works best.

Why would you set EPR off?

My machine setting is ramp on, pressure 4 - 16. First machine, not sure where pressure should be so just getting a feel for this whole thing for now.

People have said it's a game changer, so far I don't see that. I sleep better but less, once I get up have trouble getting back to sleep. Events have gone down from 25 to 5 using the Nasal mask, but registered 14 last night using the pillows. Still trying to get the pillow fit right.

Any advise would help, thanks

The one reason to lower EPR or turn it off is if you are experiencing a lot of clear airway events. Since you just started and we don't have a lot of data from you, I would suggest using it for now if it helps. Set it to 2 and it can always be adjusted.

A minimum pressure of 4 is too low for comfort. This could cause you to feel air starved. I would raise it to 6cm.

Finding the right mask is most important. Comfort is first, but be aware of your leak rate.

Give this some time. It is a process. Check back with us and we can help you post some data after a few days. You may want to download #SleepyHead software.

Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2016, 10:06 PM)hnarula Wrote: Any advise would help, thanks

The best advice is to do nothing. Allow your body to adapt.

Meanwhile, install SleepyHead and learn how to use it. You'll need to know if you want to manage your own health.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,629 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,493 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,117 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,411 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,753 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.