Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] new airsense auto set pressure?
new airsense auto set pressure?
I My 3 year old airsense 10 auto set just died. I bought a new one urgent on leaving for holiday and the clinician set the pressure to 4 - 20 I told her I had previously run at about 8. I am finding difficulty breathing enough air in - and it seems like exhaling also. I bought the machine in a rush as I was leaving Aus to U.K. For a month. I worked out how to get into clinicians setting etc For the first time I am now aware of apps like my air and this site etc. Any help while I am away please I am having to pull pillows away to get air
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new airsense auto set pressure?
Welcome
Do you happen to know what your 90- 95% pressure is ? If you do set your min cpap to 2 cm below that number. Most people find 4 too low.
If you don't know your 90-95% I would raise my min to 6 cm and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Being on holiday and never having any issues in 3 years I have no idea. But thanks a million there is a bagful of common sense in trying 6. Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were using 8 as the minimum before and you know how to access the settings change it to 8. Also, check if the ramp is on or off, many people don't like it after they are used to CPAP. If you want the most effective help here you will need to post data. Download [url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url],  this is the software that people on the forum are used to working with, it provides a wealth of information about your treatment. There is a guide to using it here. Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead. Reports from other software would be ok if that is what you are using already. There are a couple of guides on how to post and organize your charts here. Posting an Image in 5 Easy Steps  Organize your SleepyHead Charts. If you need more help with any aspect of posting data don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave for your most detailed reply. Although I had used CPap for 3 years I had literally just used it from the day one setup and had no real knowledge as it all just worked. I am busily downloading stuff now and have managed to download manual etc . I have updated the pressure to 6 and will increase further if I am still struggling. I have turned off Ramp And that feels better already.

Cheers John
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto ramp off and pressure moved to 6 - MASSIVE improvement- slept really well and my incidents averaged only 1.3 per hour.
With 0 leakage Thanks a million guys. I will tweak further and use sleepyhead when I get home. Seriously cannot tell you how much I appreciate your input. I suffer chronic back pain and quality sleep is a critical part of my pain management. Thanks a million - John
Post Reply Post Reply
Glade it worked out for you.
When you get using sleepyhead and post some charts here the good folks here will be able to help you tweak your settings more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jom333,
It’s great to hear that you changed your pressure settings to a more suitable one for you and that you are taking charge of your therapy.
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure how your 3 year old Autoset died, but you might want to plug it into the power adapter from your new unit and see if it suddenly is revived. Power supplies are the most common failure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that, but it's not a power problem. It's a mother board (electronic problem) not ramping up at all staying flat on 4 which I can't even breath on. It's out of warranty and the second problem I have had with it. It was one of the very first machines sold in Aus- no myair capability etc- I loved it whilst it worked hence rather than the expense of fixing an older airsence 10  aotoset I made the decision to buy the latest. Now for first time I am aware of sleepvantage and have.5 yr warranty - I have myair on the phone, I have sleepyhead And This forum so I am delighted with my decision now - cheers An d thanks for the tip - John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.