Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are my apnea events being accurately recorded?
Thumbsup 
RE: Are my apnea events being accurately recorded?
I've been reading MOST, but not all yet, of your experiences with apnea and have learned a lot.  Like you, I have trouble getting medical care in a timely fashion OR by seemingly professional caregivers.  I took it upon myself to investigate and learn after years of difficult sleep and disrupting the sleep of others with snoring and gasping, which has been vividly described to me.  I purchased from Ventmed directly from their manufacturing facility in Hunan, China, with great customer care and response, not to mention at HALF the cost of buying the exact same Ventmed unit in the U.S..  My first machine was the Ventmed DS-6, the basic auto-cpap model.  Since then, I have purchased the new VM-7 Bipap and am very satisfied with it.  I see you have great concerns with the data collected from your bipap useage, as I do as well, but I've seen my AHI go down dramatically with useage and mainly I just FEEL better and have more energy and alertness.  If I had initially been able to have a sleep study and diagnosis quickly, I probably wouldn't be on this forum, as I would've just run with what the physician said.  Instead, I've read and learned SO much that I may know as much as my GP on the subject, maybe more.  I had no problem determining my best pressure limits by experimentation, which could take much longer by repeated consultations with busy doctors.  Masks were perplexing to me at first, because there's so many type, but I soon figured it out by reading reviews and settled onto what works well for me.  This is my first post here and I certainly don't recommend anyone foregoing a sleep study and professional care, I'm simply posting MY experience.  I hope that you continue to update your results as well, for the education of others like myself.  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 42 1,214 04-09-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 188 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 182 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 68 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 104 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 148 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,536 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.