Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] not sure i am doing this right
not sure i am doing this right
I have been using cpap machine for 12 years. It was originaly set at 11.0 ramp up from 4.0. Got a new machine pr system one model 560p back in 2015. I was always getting bad leaks and dry mouth. i lost 30 pounds in the last 5 months . tried sleeping without machine. My wife said she did not think i was stopping breathing and my snoring was way better, I desided to adust my cpap to variable. start at 4.0 to 10.0. My AHI is usually under 1.5. And my pressure is under 6.0 95 % of time. Am i doing the right thing going to varible? Please help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: not sure i am doing this right
If you had OSCAR data to show us it would be helpful. I don't recall if your exact PAP is supported though.

However I would think it sounds like you've replicated the doc's info. I try to encourage most to start with just a bit more Min pressure, something like 6 may give you a bit more airflow and just maybe it's a bit more comfortable.

And sincere welcome to Apnea Board.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
        here are some screen shots please help
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
OK the data is on the posts. You could opt to increase Min from 4 to 6 or leave it. It'll be up to you. The left panel data indicates it stays about 6 as the low it chooses 95% of the time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.