Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Checking In, and a BPM experiment
RE: Checking In, and a BPM experiment
(08-17-2017, 06:18 PM)robertbuckley Wrote: Sleeprider - the PR ASV "Auto" breath rate is akin to the "Pacewave".  Taking it out of auto and setting a number in the PR is setting a floor below which it won't let you drop.  People that play with it out of auto mistakenly set it at their usual average BPM (like 16) and then wonder why they think they are panting part of the night.  It is because the machine will not let you breathe slower than that.  Best to leave it in auto, or if not, put it down in the 8 - 12 range as the slowest BPM.

Yes, but the trouble with Auto, in my experience, is that it doesn't handle very well the irregular breathing patterns as I'm calling asleep. If I fall asleep quickly, as I often do, it's no problem. If not, I can find myself fighting the machine a bit, which doesn't help with falling asleep. 

What I've done until recently is train myself to breathe very regularly as I fall asleep. I've gotten pretty good at this but I wanted to try a min BPM experiment to see if it would make falling asleep easier. So far I think the answer is yes, but it's still early to say for sure. I had a couple of bad nights that I don't think had anything to do with settings. Apart from those my AHI has been below 1, which is better than my norm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Checking pressure Made 2 370 10-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can I test myself for sleep apnea? I want to experiment with different approaches HoloPed 4 710 10-11-2022, 04:10 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  On my 4th week, checking in tormund 3 675 03-01-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: tormund
  New guy checking in MikeWarner 2 684 12-03-2020, 10:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Not Diagnosed, But Let The Experiment Begin rsandhu 17 1,721 08-04-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ar14
  EERS Experiment Data (sherwoga) sherwoga 170 13,258 02-17-2020, 03:12 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  In Need of explanation of results of Cervical Collar Experiment Plmnb 11 2,554 12-16-2019, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.