Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] remstar
Sad 
remstar
can any one help!!! Couple of days ago my Respronics remstar auto a-flex gave it up suddenly.. I pulled out my old remstar plus plain jane cpap. with almost 25000 hours it still works great as a temporary..

My question is how do I adjust my pressure from 13 to 18 which is my current setting.
I have read everything I can find about it and none of it works with this older machine.
Like I said 25,000 hours. It is going to be 2 weeks before I can get in to a new doctor and service center.. Insurance changed wouldn't you know it. anyone who can help thank you inadvance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: remstar
Hi bodawgplumber1, welcome aboard
First find out the exact name of the machine, here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...espironics

And than go here, some manual are available by direct download (section two) or available via email (section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Section two
Respironics REMstar Plus (This older model has 3 buttons on the top, this is not the PR System One, C-Flex nor the M series) - [The 5-button C-flex version is available through email below]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bodawgplumber1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Supplier #2 on the supplier list at the top of each page on this board, has reasonable prices on either gently used or open-box machines. Maybe you could find a good deal there.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2014, 09:30 PM)bodawgplumber1 Wrote: can any one help!!! Couple of days ago my Respronics remstar auto a-flex gave it up suddenly.

The probability is that your machine cannot be repaired, but it may be possible, depending on what failed. I assume it's not putting out any air, but does it exhibit any symptoms? Does anything appear in the display?

Meantime, check out your local Craigslist. There are usually several listed there for about half the price that even the lowest of the online suppliers ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
My local DME sells used machines for very little. If you can't get a new one, that's a good option, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Bodawgplumber1,

Sounds like you did the same as I. I have an old, old, old RemStar in the closet just in case the DS550 ever dies on me.

I assume by now you figured out the pressure thing. Just 2 cents on the machine though, if you need to buy something without insurance, Supplier #2 has a wide selection of "open box" units. The price is half to a quarter what a new one costs and it is not used and comes with the manufacturers warranty. My 550 did give me some issues so I was shopping a new one yesterday until I was able to fix mine and get it running again.

Good luck to you!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
can any one help!!! Couple of days ago my Respronics remstar auto a-flex gave it up suddenly..

Does the display show anything ? If not could be power supply . Try removing the humidifier first in case it is shorting out the unit That's the first place I would start to trouble shoot . If there is something on the display then its either the main board or blower , that's all there is inside a 550P or a M series auto to go wrong . Do you have a DC cable to run your unit from battery or a multimeter to check the output of the power supply ? they are usually at about 12.3 volts dc . Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,052 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 453 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake
  Time Setting on Remstar TASleep 2 441 01-27-2023, 05:11 PM
Last Post: TASleep
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,217 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need instructions for pressure adjustment REMSTAR CHOICE M367500E John Dale 1 685 03-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Last Post: John Dale

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.