Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure setting problem
Information 
Pressure setting problem
Hi everyone,
I'm using Phiips auto bipap system. I'm having trouble with its pressure settings and hence finding discomfort in breathing. My current pressure settings are -  ipap 17.5 and epap 5.0. My PS minimum is 7.5 and PS maximum is 8.0. I had this bipap machine sent from US and was told that bipap is better than auto pap machine.

Previously I rented a Philips auto pap machine and found this better.

Is there an auto pap setting for the bipap system?

My AHI values are better for the nights that I dont sleep well? Why is that so?

Looking forward to your replies. 

Thanks 
Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure setting problem
Welcome to the forum. There are others with more expertise with Bipap who will answer your questions. In the meantime, I suggest you post an OSCAR daily chart. See the links below for how to organize and post the data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure setting problem
These are the 2 PR biPap machines that we like, which do you have?
Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Pro (DSX600x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP)
Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine (DSX700x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP, Auto BiPAP) (best choice)

Check the model number on the bottom. What mode do you have set?
Do you have setup/clinician manual for your machine? If not look at the "setup" manuals link in the header
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 153 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,574 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,333 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,474 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.