Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure settings for Resmed S9 Autoset
Pressure settings for Resmed S9 Autoset
Hi everyone:

I did a search but didn't find anything definitive altho I'm sure this has been discussed.

Anyway for the past several months I have been treating with a BMC Resmart Auto. This is a Chinese machine that I got from Craigslist for cheap. (I'd rather own my machine outright than deal with the DME hassles). No problems once I got adjusted.

Looks like the humidifier heater on the unit has died and there is no way to fix it economically so I picked up a nearly new S9 Autoset with 8 hours on the clock. I'm getting it ready for tonite.

I went into the clinician menu and discovered that the min pressure is 9 and the max 10. That doesn't seem right. I've pulled the data from the BMC machine and hopefully attached it as a pdf. Anyway it shows that the psi used on that machine is very consistent at 9-9.5 psi. So wouldn't it be logical to set the min/max on the S9 to something like min 6 max 12? Or similar?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have never had a titration study.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure settings for Resmed S9 Autoset
Pressure measured in cmH2O
6 - 12 sound reasonable. Turn Ramp off, so treatment can start as soon as you turn on the machine.
EPR level setting is something need some experimentation if you decide to use it, I don't use it but a lots of folks like the idea of breathing out at lower pressure especially if their pressure setting is high to begin with
Download the software (ResScan or Sleepyhead) and see how things pan out
Good idea, not to make too many changes too soon, but rather go slow
Set "Sleep Quality" to "ON" - not "Usage" in the clinical menu, so nightly data displayed on the "Advanced Info Menu" sleep report

I hope you'll like the S9 Autoset, awesome machine, I prefer it to the new AirSesne 10 AutoSet

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2015, 03:03 PM)denton Wrote: Anyway it shows that the psi used on that machine is very consistent at 9-9.5 psi. So wouldn't it be logical to set the min/max on the S9 to something like min 6 max 12? Or similar?

PS: I have never had a titration study.

Since this is a DIY effort and you think you're at 9-ish cm-h2o, 6 & 12 is as good a guess as any. Also, an S9 Auto has an EPR setting that lowers the pressure when you exhale. I have mine set at 3 cm-h20. If the machine does step up to 12, you won't notice the pressure when exhaling if you're used to 9. I find its a great comfort feature.

The critical thing is to load up the software on your PC and start collecting the data. There are lots of people here with good insight if you put up some screen shots.

Unless you have bizarre results, I suggest you make any changes very gradually and then collect 30 days of data before the next change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help.

I set my pressure 6-12, the EPR at 3, changed the sleep quality settings. I set the ramp to 20 mins as I really need it to get to sleep. I forgot to change the time. I d/l'd Sleepyhead and have the data. Interesting night. I'm studying the interpretation guide and will post screenshots later when I figure out some things.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will want to clear out any therapy data stored in the S9 by resetting from the clinical menu. If it really has only 8 hours on the clock, there won't be much, but you can verify the total machine hours in the clinical menu as well. I think you'll be a lot happier with the Resmed machine, and your approach sounds good. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 391 23 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 468 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.