Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure spikes trying new mask
Pressure spikes trying new mask

Helllo, I'm trying to fit a new mask, F30i, standard frame with small cushion.  I lay down on bed and see how it fits and try to fight leaks, which I feel I'm being successful at.  With the ASV machine on, it pressurizes normal for a few breathes, and then starts spiking upward.  I'm awake, I'm breathing normal, I'm not feeling any leaks to speak of, and then the pressure goes up for about 3 or 4 breaths,, and then the pressure drops to normal.   On the screenshot, the first two attempts I had the machine set at "Nasal" -- for the third attempt, I switched it to "Full Face Mask".   Why the spikes?  and how to I prevent them?  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Pressure spikes trying new mask
I believe this is where you execute the blowback method to reset the ASV. You are awake, breathing a normal irregular pattern, the ASV is simply reacting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Jagged lines in mask pressure that leads to obstructive event? mruwu69 6 147 09-04-2021, 11:40 PM
Last Post: mruwu69
  Why don't mask manufacturers publish Pressure Ratings for their masks? S. Manz 4 176 08-22-2021, 03:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Different pressure for different type mask? jackleuz 11 561 04-25-2021, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Thumbsup [Admin Note] Please update your Profile [machine, mask, pressure] SuperSleeper 3 2,495 04-02-2021, 02:39 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Mask test: what determines maximum pressure fredkahan 2 341 12-10-2020, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 1,083 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 1,126 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.