Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In what case CPAP is better then APAP?
RE: In what case CPAP is better then APAP?
(07-14-2021, 09:46 AM)SleepyCPAP Wrote: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33009018/

There is a full-text version (with PDF available) and links to similar articles, good luck with your research!

Edited to add:  You may be far along enough in your treatment to warrant a follow-up with the Sleep Doctor and referral to another sleep study to see if Bi-level or ASV would be advised for you.
Thank you for the link, I’ll check it today and do more research. 

I need more data to be sure I think, but I’m going to new sleep clinic next week, so I will try static for few days to see if CA emerges. 

My Ent was frank with me. After seeing Oscar data he gave up. He can prescribe CPAP but subtle adjustments for the best possible treatment are too much for him. 

I only hope BPAP or ASV is not required as I want to buy my own machine soon. Renting even with insurance is not the cheapest option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2021, 10:32 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: koala1 - I, for one, seem to do better with a static pressure.  I seem to be overly sensitive to a change in pressure.  Any slight change in pressure causes self-aware arousals. 
This is something I had on back of my head few weeks ago and missed it. Great insight. Thank you. 

I started waking up from time to time after I started using CPAP. There are moments that I know I wake up, even check time. 
On the other hand I use Wellue ring and have many pulse changes. My Oscar data analysis skills are still too low, but maybe I also has microarousals. And they could be not happening on static pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the rate of CA you are getting?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It changes every night but mostly 0.3, sometimes up to 0.6 or 0.7.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, the CA at 0.3-0.7 is too low for it to demand changes to your therapy. I'm pretty sure the CA being that low aren't guilty of what ails you. The CA are well under AHI of 5.0 in this case.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 81 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,234 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 157 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 227 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 931 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 645 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.