Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure support induced CAs -- anyone try Diamox ? Other solutions ?
RE: Pressure support induced CAs -- anyone try Diamox ? Other solutions ?
(08-21-2018, 02:32 PM)sheepless Wrote: no matter, but I was not commenting on the (age of the) 1982 citation. by 'ancient history' I was referring to my 1987 experience.  I have no idea if 1982 info (or 2009) is current or outdated.

good to have the additional references in any event.

oops, sorry, was trying to respond to ycsi.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the help on this, great articles / sources, really appreciate it! 

Hope no one's getting tired of my threads -- I'm taking a month off and trying something new every few days to FINALLY (3 years on cpap and trying everything under the sun) get some better results and get rid of my chronic fatigue.. 

And apologies, I may have posted unnecessarily -- after more research, I think the 'CAs' aren't real centrals. Rather SWJ, and or OA. 

They typically are preceded by unstable breathing and probably an arousal. Sometimes a big inhale (last picture), which is why i thought they were CAs -- thought I was flushing out too much CO2, causing 20+ second pauses in breathing. 

But now I think they're mostly OAs. 

Post Reply Post Reply
I think we need to go back to the fact your CAI is about 1, which is not a problem, and is well within normal for most of us. Your events seem to be mostly preceded by a sigh or other respiratory disruption suggesting this is nothing more than a sleep transition, position adjustment or similar normal sleep event which can result in an event being recorded. When CA is a concern, it involves long clusters of apnea and a CAI generally well over 5/hour.

You are becoming accustomed to pressure support, and it would be normal to experience a few more CA under those circumstances. Your rate is so low, and the events randomized in a way it should simply not be a concern at this point. Relax and work with it, but you don't have a central apnea problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2018, 09:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think we need to go back to the fact your CAI is about 1, which is not a problem, and is well within normal for most of us.

How about "clinically insignificant"?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drug induced sleep endoscopy Jimasripper 5 145 04-04-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 25 2,294 04-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: subconscious
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 673 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,554 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 1,007 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 168 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,445 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.